A thriving and lively place to learn the Social Sciences offer a range of courses designed to provide students with both an exciting and innovative learning experience and prepare them for future career paths. All of our programmes have an excellent reputation for academic quality and open up opportunities in a wide range of fields in the social and caring professions and in both the public and private sectors.
All our courses offer students the chance to gain experience in relevant workplace environments. Our strong focus on combining academic insight with real world application is also reflected in the range of opportunities we provide for students across the programmes to take part in field trips to, amongst other places, London, Amsterdam and Belfast.
- BA (Hons) Childhood and Youth Studies – study the development of children and young people and how society understands and reacts to them;
- BA (Hons) Early Childhood Studies – learn about the different perceptions, and realities, of childhood across the world with a degree closely linked to current Government policy and the demands of the growing early years employment sector;
- BA (Hons) Sociology – understand your place in the world – study our shared experience of living in the increasingly complex and rapidly changing society of the early 21st century.
It is also possible to study multiple subject areas by studying a Joint Honours degree.
- BA (Hons) Childhood & Youth Studies and Criminology
- BA (Hons) Childhood & Youth Studies and Sociology
- BA (Hons) Criminology and Sociology
- BA (Hons) Early Childhood Studies and Sociology
- BA (Hons) Sociology with Politics