The Finance department is one of a number of professional services providing the support required, to enable the University to fulfil its mission, goals and values.
Finance Mission Statement
Our aim is to provide reliable and relevant financial management information and advice and to process data accurately and in a timely manner.
- Fiscal Responsibility
- Numerical Excellence
- Continual Improvements
- Exceed Customer Expectations
The Purchase Ledger Team is situated in the Finance Office, Lady Margaret corridor within the main building and is responsible for:
- Payments to Suppliers of Goods and Services to the University
- Processing General Expenditure Vouchers (GEV)
- Purchase Order Processing
- Invoice Processing
- Processing some payments to students
- Resolving account queries from suppliers
- Production and distribution of purchase order reports
- Provide support and guidance to efin users
- Facilitate training sessions for Requisitioners and Approvers. Some guidance can also be accessed by following the links.
- Invoices and Credit Notes should be e mailed to [email protected]
Contact Purchase Ledger
The Sales Ledger Team is situated in the Finance Office, Lady Margaret corridor within the main building and is responsible for:
- Student Tuition and Accommodation Fees
- Online Payments
- Online Store Payments and Refunds
- The Online Store Product Setup Process
- Sales Invoices
- Petty Cash
- External Funding
- Online Store
- Miscellaneous Payments
Contact Sales Ledger
The Payroll section deal with employee payment processing.
On the Payroll Wiki page you will find information regarding deadline dates for payroll claims, expense claims and information about MyView.
Come and chat to us in our office, or get in touch via phone or email. We are based in the Lady Margaret Corridor (room LM8 next to the main Finance Office) and are open between the hours of 8.45am–5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
Procurement and Value for money at Edge Hill University is a devolved responsibility. Activity is reported through the VFM and Procurement Group chaired by the Deputy Vice-Chancellor.
The Financial Regulations and Procedures provide information for those with purchasing responsibility and additional guidance can be found in a Guide to Tendering and An introduction to EU Regulations.
If you are undertaking a procurement and require advice or guidance please contact the Director of Finance, Carl Gibson.
The Accounts Team is situated in the Finance Office, Lady Margaret corridor within the main building and is responsible for:
- Preparing the Management Accounts each month
- Resolving accounts queries
- Preparing the University statutory accounts
- Setting up Job Codes and Activity Codes
- Setting up the required access for Efin
- Undertaking various reconciliations to the General Ledger
- Managing the corporate card administration