How to Apply

We’re still accepting applications for a September 2022 start for most courses so it’s not too late if you’re still to apply. View our A-Z of courses to find the right course for you.

If you want to study at Edge Hill University, the application process will vary depending on your choice of course and whether you want to study on a full-time or part-time basis.

Two students chat in the atrium of the Law and Psychology building.To study a full-time undergraduate degree, you will need to apply through the University Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS). Applications for part-time undergraduate study should be made directly to Edge Hill University.

Entry criteria for our degree programmes are typically expressed in UCAS Tariff points, although additional criteria may apply to selected courses. If you’re applying for an undergraduate degree, our guide to the Entry Requirements explains how to achieve the required number of UCAS Tariff points.

To join a PGCE or PGDE, you must apply through GOV.UK.

For other postgraduate courses, as well as part-time undergraduate programmes, you will usually need to apply directly to Edge Hill University.

Applying Through UCAS

Applying Through GOV.UK

Applying Directly to Edge Hill University

Two students talk while sat by a computer screen in the Catalyst building.

  • Applying to join a postgraduate course (excluding PGCEs), part-time  undergraduate degree (BA/BSc/LLB), part-time foundation degree (FdA/FdSc), Fastrack course, a conversion (top-up) degree or Subject Knowledge Enhancement course?
  • You should apply directly to Edge Hill University. For many courses, this will involve an online application, although for some programmes you will need to download and complete an application form. A small number of courses require you to submit a CV instead;
  • Our guide to Applying Directly to Edge Hill University talks you through the application process;
  • You can also refer to the course information for your choice of programme in order to access the relevant application form for your preferred intake date and mode of study.

International Students

A student leaves a lecture theatre at the end of a lecture.International students can typically apply either by downloading and submitting the relevant application form, applying online via UCAS, UCAS Teacher Training or our own online application system or via one of our agents or partners.

The exact choice of options available in how to apply will vary depending on whether you want to study an undergraduate degree, PGCE, taught Masters degree, research degree, or an English language development programme or pre-sessional English course.

For further details about how prospective international students can apply to study at Edge Hill University, as well as information about what to do after submitting your application, please visit our International website at

Please note, unfortunately we are not currently able to accept applications from international students for pre-registration programmes in nursing, midwifery, operating department practice or paramedic practice, as well as dual awards in nursing & social work.

Last updated on Last updated on Was this page helpful? Yes No Thanks for your feedback! Please tell us more: