If you want to study at Edge Hill University, the application process will vary depending on your choice of course and whether you want to study on a full-time or part-time basis.
To study a full-time undergraduate degree, you will need to apply through the University Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS). Applications for part-time undergraduate study should be made directly to Edge Hill University.
Entry criteria for our degree programmes are typically expressed in UCAS Tariff points, although additional criteria may apply to selected courses. If you’re applying for an undergraduate degree, our guide to the Entry Requirements explains how to achieve the required number of UCAS Tariff points.
To join a PGCE or PGDE, you must apply through UCAS Teacher Training.
For other postgraduate courses, as well as part-time undergraduate programmes, you will need to apply directly to Edge Hill University.
Applying Through UCAS
- Applying to study a full-time undergraduate degree (BA/BSc/LLB), full-time foundation degree (FdA/FdSc), integrated Masters degree (MComp/MNSW) or University Higher Diploma Further Education and Training?
- You will need to apply through UCAS at www.ucas.com/apply;
- Our guide to UCAS talks you through the application process, including tips on how to write a personal statement;
- You can also find out more about our entry requirements.
Applying Through UCAS Teacher Training
- Applying to study a PGCE or PGDE?
- You will need to apply through UCAS Teacher Training at www.ucas.com/ucas/teacher-training;
- An early application is strongly recommended;
- Our guide to UCAS Teacher Training talks you through the application process, including tips on how to write a personal statement.
Applying Directly to Edge Hill University
- Applying to join a postgraduate course (excluding PGCEs), part-time undergraduate degree (BA/BSc/LLB), part-time foundation degree (FdA/FdSc), Fastrack course, a conversion (top-up) degree or Subject Knowledge Enhancement course?
- You should apply directly to Edge Hill University. For many courses, this will involve an online application, although for some programmes you will need to download and complete an application form. A small number of courses require you to submit a CV instead;
- Our guide to Applying Directly to Edge Hill University talks you through the application process;
- You can also refer to the course information for your choice of programme in order to access the relevant application form for your preferred intake date and mode of study.
International students can typically apply either by downloading and submitting the relevant application form, applying online via UCAS, UCAS Teacher Training or our own online application system or via one of our agents or partners.
The exact choice of options available in how to apply will vary depending on whether you want to study an undergraduate degree, PGCE, taught Masters degree, research degree, or an English language development programme or pre-sessional English course.
For further details about how prospective international students can apply to study at Edge Hill University, as well as information about what to do after submitting your application, please visit our International website at www.edgehill.ac.uk/applyinternational.
Please note, unfortunately we are not currently able to accept applications from international students for pre-registration programmes in nursing, midwifery, operating department practice or paramedic practice, as well as dual awards in nursing & social work.