Edge Hill University’s Faculty of Health and Social Care is one of the largest providers of health and social care education and professional development in the North West of England.
A leading university in the UK for professional development, Edge Hill is in the top two among English universities for students’ personal development (National Student Survey 2010/11) and top in the North West for Teaching Excellence (Sunday Times University Guide 2012).
Offering an innovative postgraduate and continuing professional development (CPD) portfolio, the Faculty provides flexible and responsive provision for professionals seeking to enhance health and social care delivery whilst progressing in their careers.
Our experienced team of lecturers offers a range of CPD training to the whole health and social care workforce. Our teaching, support and resources are student-focused and attract individuals from a wide range of backgrounds including those with non-traditional qualifications or experience and those who have not studied for a number of years.
We recognise that our professional development students are in full or part-time employment and have many personal commitments and we therefore strive to provide a learning experience which is flexible whilst designed to meet professional needs and learning requirements.
As well as the state-of-the-art facilities at our Ormskirk campus, the Faculty has bases in Liverpool at Aintree Hospital and at St James’ in Manchester.
- £14 million purpose-built Faculty of Health and Social Care building on the Ormskirk Campus
- Leading-edge clinical skills facilities and ward stimulations with industry standard equipment
- A Postgraduate Education Centre at University Hospital Aintree, Liverpool
- A clinical simulation suite at St James’, Manchester including a mock operating theatre, simulated ambulance and clinical skills stations
- Learning and Information Resource Centres with state-of-the-art facilities
Handbooks for Current CPD Students
For further information on joining one of our health professional development pathways, contact us on 01695 657249 or email email@example.com.
As the majority of correspondence is sent by email, please make edgehill.ac.uk a trusted contact in your contact lists.