Exploring the modes and methods of education across all age phases, our Education and Teaching degrees place you at the heart of classroom learning.
Our degrees in Education trace the evolution of teaching and learning and place you at the forefront of current education policy and practice. A number of Professional Education degrees are also available which provide an insight into the factors that impact upon learning, immerse you in child development and psychology, and explore the fundamental principles of working and teaching in early years settings.
If you want to train to teach, we offer a range of degrees which enable you to gain Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) in early years, primary or secondary education. Whichever age range or subject specialism you choose, your programme will combine expert tuition with significant time in schools and other settings, enabling you to gain extensive practical experience and become increasingly confident in the classroom.
Everyone that teaches on the course has been in a professional teaching role at some point in their career and their expertise makes them more relatable and the course more valid.
BA (Hons) Primary Education with QTS
That moment when a child understands a concept for the first time, it’s the most rewarding thing.
BA (Hons) Primary Science Education with QTS
- Discover Edge Hill: Bethany (Secondary Religious Education with QTS)
- Discover Edge Hill: Lauren (Primary Mathematics Education with QTS)
- Early Years: Working and teaching in the Early Years
- Inside Edge: What I love about my Primary Education course
- Inside Edge: Learning beyond the classroom
- Inside Edge: Supporting children to be mentally healthy
- Inside Edge: My first professional practice
- Inside Edge: Teaching courses at Edge Hill University
- Inside Edge: What is the Primary Education course all about?
- Inside Edge: Information and preparation for a regional teaching placement
Education and Teaching in the News
- Professor of Children’s Rights influences policy at the Parliamentary Education Committee
- Behind the scenes with Edge Hill graduate star of national teaching campaign
EHU Insight on The Conversation
- BA (Hons) Education
- BA (Hons) Education and English
- BA (Hons) Education and History
- BA (Hons) Education and Mathematics (September 2021 entry onwards)
- BA (Hons) Education and Religion
- BA (Hons) Education and Sociology
- BA (Hons) Children and Young People’s Learning and Development (Primary)
- FdA Early Years Education and Leadership
- BA (Hons) Teaching, Learning and Child Development
- BA (Hons) Working and Teaching in The Early Years
We also offer conversion (top-up) degrees which focus on leadership and management in early years settings:
- BA (Hons) Early Years Education (September 2021 entry onwards)
- BA (Hons) Early Years Leadership
- BA (Hons) Early Years Practice (September 2020 entry only)
The Faculty of Education enjoys the enviable position of being one of the country’s leading providers of education, training and research for the Children’s Workforce.
Housed in a state-of-the-art £9m building, the Faculty of Education’s facilities include a 300-seat lecture theatre, five well-equipped ICT suites, and 18 teaching rooms complete with the latest technology.
The faculty has a strong commitment to practice-based learning and has developed partnerships with over 2,000 schools and colleges, local authorities and professional associations.
Faculty of Education 360 Virtual Tour
Open Days and Virtual Events
If you are considering studying at Edge Hill University, the best way we usually recommend to gain an insight into the student experience is to see our stunning campus for yourself by attending an open day.
Our August 2020 open day is going virtual. We will ensure that you can still discover everything that Edge Hill University has to offer and get answers to all of your questions. You will be able to find out more about education and teaching and the University through a series of online activities.
We are continuing to take bookings for subsequent open days while monitoring government advice regarding events. We will communicate all key information to anyone who books to attend.Book your place at an open day or virtual open day