Exploring the modes and methods of education across all age phases, our Education and Teaching degrees place you at the heart of classroom learning.
Our degrees in Education trace the evolution of teaching and learning and place you at the forefront of current education policy and practice. A number of Professional Education degrees are also available which provide an insight into the factors that impact upon learning, immerse you in child development and psychology, and explore the fundamental principles of working and teaching in early years settings.
If you want to train to teach, we offer a range of degrees which enable you to gain Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) in early years, primary or secondary education. Whichever age range or subject specialism you choose, your programme will combine expert tuition with significant time in schools and other settings, enabling you to gain extensive practical experience and become increasingly confident in the classroom.
- BA (Hons) Education
- BA (Hons) Education and English
- BA (Hons) Education and History
- BSc (Hons) Education and Mathematics (September 2021 entry onwards)
- BA (Hons) Education and Religion
- BA (Hons) Education and Sociology
- BA (Hons) Children and Young People’s Learning and Development (Primary)
- FdA Early Years Education and Leadership
- BA (Hons) Teaching, Learning and Child Development
- BA (Hons) Working and Teaching in The Early Years
We also offer conversion (top-up) degrees which focus on leadership and management in early years settings:
- BA (Hons) Early Years Education (September 2021 entry onwards)
- BA (Hons) Early Years Leadership
- BA (Hons) Early Years Practice (September 2020 entry only)
The Faculty of Education enjoys the enviable position of being one of the country’s leading providers of education, training and research for the Children’s Workforce.
Housed in a state-of-the-art £9m building, the Faculty of Education’s facilities include a 300-seat lecture theatre, five well-equipped ICT suites, and 18 teaching rooms complete with the latest technology.
The faculty has a strong commitment to practice-based learning and has developed partnerships with over 2,000 schools and colleges, local authorities and professional associations.