Skip Navigation


Enrolment is a vital step to getting you on your way with your studies. Find out all you need to know.

You must enrol before the start of your course to become a member of the University, activate your IT/Library account, and release your student loan funds.

If you are a new student, you will complete two stages of enrolment (both online). All the instructions and links you will need to enrol will be emailed out to you.

Continuing students can enrol through the student homepage once enrolment opens.

New students

What do I need to enrol?

Before you start the enrolment process, you will need:

  • A digital copy of your ID (either a photo or scanned copy)
  • A recent passport-style photograph of yourself. This will be held on your student record and printed on your Unicard.
See suitable forms of identification See photo guidelines
Stage one
Stage two

Continuing students

Enrolment for continuing students will go live from 5 September 2023. You will be sent an email with enrolment information nearer the time, so keep an eye on your inbox.

If you had outstanding referred or deferred assessments to complete in August 2023 you will only be able to enrol if you pass these assessments. Your re-assessment results will be published in September 2023 and if these confirm you have passed the year or can continue with outstanding module(s) you can access the re-enrolment portal from 1pm on Friday 22nd September 2023.

Students who are transferred to Part time following re-assessment will need to check their re-enrolment dates here:

Outstanding modules
Fee issues

Students starting their first year again

If you are an undergraduate student who will be starting your first year again, having successfully applied to repeat the year, or are returning from interruption back into first year, you will be sent an email with enrolment information prior to your course start date.

You will be sent an email with enrolment information nearer the time, so keep an eye on your inbox.

Pre-course information

Further information

Your Unicard
Third party confirmation
Council tax exemption
Course confirmation for current students
Setting up your email
Person typing on a laptop

Resetting your password

If you need help resetting your password, get in touch.

Getting in touch

The enrolment team are available if you have any questions.

Three students sitting at a bank of computers whilst looking at the same laptop together. There are two students in the background sitting together and chatting, whilst also on laptops.