Readiness to exercise
Please read the following questions carefully. If you answer YES to one or more questions, we ask that you talk to your doctor BEFORE you begin using the facility, including the Fitness Suite and Exercise Classes.
- Do you ever experience pain, pressure, heaviness or tightness in your chest when exercising or at rest?
- Do you ever have severe dizzy spells or episodes of losing consciousness?
- Has your doctor ever said that you have a heart condition, high blood pressure or circulatory problems and that you should only do physical activity recommended by a doctor?
- Do you have a bone or joint problem that could be made worse by a change in your physical activity?
- Is your doctor currently prescribing drugs for your blood pressure or heart condition?
- Do you know of any other reason you should not take part in physical activity?
Please Note: If your health status changes in the future, leading you to answer YES to any of the above questions, please consult with your doctor before continuing your physical activity plan. There is a weight limit of 200kg on all cardiovascular equipment. You should not use this equipment if you exceed this limit.
If you are aware of any medical conditions which may affect your health when exercising, please speak to a doctor before using equipment.
We have first-aid trained staff members that work within the facility. If you feel unwell whilst in our facilities, please speak to a member of staff.
If you require further information, please contact one of the Sports Centre staff or ask at reception.
Health commitment statement
As an individual you are responsible for your health and wellbeing. Edge Hill Sport is committed to helping you enjoy being active. With this in mind, we have carefully considered what we can reasonably expect of each other.
Our commitment to you
- We will respect your personal decisions and allow you to make your own decisions about what exercise you can carry out. However, we ask you not to exercise beyond what you consider to be your own abilities.
- We will make every reasonable effort to make sure our equipment and facilities are in a safe condition for you to use and enjoy.
- We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that our staff are qualified to the fitness industry standards as set out by the Register of Exercise Professionals.
- If you tell us that you have a disability which puts you at a substantial disadvantage in accessing our equipment and facilities, we will consider what adjustments, if any, are reasonable for us to make.
Your commitment to us
- You should not exercise beyond your own abilities. If you know or are concerned that you have a medical condition which might interfere with you exercising safely before you use our equipment and facilities, you should get advice from a relevant medical professional and follow that advice.
- You should make yourself aware of any rules and instructions and pay attention during your gym induction before use (a more bespoke induction can be provided on request). Exercise carries its own risks. You should not carry out any activities which you have been told are not suitable for you.
- You should let us know immediately if you feel ill when using our equipment or facilities. There will always be a person available within the Sports Centre who is first-aid trained.
- Members are requested to promptly report any damage caused or observed to any equipment for health and safety purposes.
I agree that, as far as I’m aware, I am fit to undertake exercise and if unsure have checked with my GP.