The Students’ Union manages over 60 societies which bring a diverse, dynamic and fun variety of student-led activities to the campus.
Being a member of a society will give you the chance to meet likeminded people, make new friends and enrich your student life.
You might discover a hidden talent, enjoy a hobby you’ve always wanted to try, or just have a great time!
With societies covering everything from pyjama parties to feminism, and African and Caribbean culture to all things Disney or Riverdale, there really is something for everyone.
The range of societies includes:
- Cheerleading – compete in national competitions or participate just for fun;
- Christian Union – participate in weekly worship, pray with your peers, and engage with readings from the Bible;
- Harry Potter – participate in activities, team competitions and big screen movie marathons;
- LGBT+ Society – supporting students, promoting equality and raising awareness of LGBT+ issues alongside a busy social programme;
- Medieval Re-Enactment – learn 12th century crafts and participate in unique combat sessions and re-enactments;
- Murder Mystery – explore a web of lies and intrigue but keep your secrets safe in evenings of murder, mystery and mayhem;
- Musical Theatre – take to the stage and sing, act and dance your way through rehearsals, socials, showcases and full musical productions;
- Table Top Gaming – roll the dice and try a variety of activities, from role play to board and card games.
This is just a small selection of the groups available. For a comprehensive list of clubs and societies, visit www.edgehillsu.org.uk/groups.
If something you are interested in isn’t currently listed, you can start a society of your own!
Sport and Leisure
If you want to get involved in sport and recreational activities, our Campus Sport programme is for you.
It’s a great way to get active in weekly sessions, in a wide range of sports, with the option of participating in social leagues.
Alternatively, you may want to represent the University in competitive sport as part of Team Edge Hill.
You can also hit the airwaves with VibeMedia.
Combining a student-led radio station, TV channel and an online platform, VibeMedia is for anyone interested in participating in television, radio shows or writing.
It is open to all students, not just those doing media courses.