The Students’ Union manages over 60 diverse and dynamic societies adding an element of fun to student-led activities on campus.
As a member of a society you’ll get to meet likeminded people, make new friends and enrich your student experience by getting involved. You might discover a hidden talent!
Societies cover subjects from a kindfulness cafe and veganism, to all things Disney and Harry Potter, as well as active pursuits such as climbing and mountaineering, so you’re sure to find something to inspire you.
The range of societies currently includes:
- Cheerleading – compete in national competitions or just for fun;
- Christian Union – weekly worship, prayer and readings from the Bible;
- Harry Potter – activities, team competitions and big screen movie marathons;
- Medieval Re-Enactment – learn 12th century crafts and take part in unique combat sessions and re-enactments;
- Murder Mystery – explore a web of lies and intrigue but keep your secrets safe in evenings of murder, mystery and mayhem;
- Sign Language – learn this visual means of communication which is underpinned by gestures, facial expressions and body language;
- Table Top Gaming – roll the dice and try a variety of activities, from role play to board and card games.
For a comprehensive list of clubs and societies, visit www.edgehillsu.org.uk/groups.
If something you’d like to try isn’t listed, why not start a society of your own!
Sport and Leisure
Get involved in sport and recreational activities through our Campus Sport programme.
You can get active in weekly sessions in a wide range of sports, with the option of taking part in social leagues.
Or, you may want to represent the University in competitive sport as part of Team Edge Hill.
Combining a student-led radio station, TV channel and an online platform, VibeMedia is for anyone interested in getting involved participating in television, radio shows or writing.
It is open to all students, not just those doing media courses.