Edge Hill is a leading university in the UK for professional development. Our portfolio of courses offer many opportunities for those working, or seeking to work, in education or health and social care to develop and enhance their knowledge and skills and keep up-to-date with the latest developments in their specialist area.
We recognise you may have existing commitments to full or part-time employment, so we strive to provide a learning experience which is flexible but also designed to meet your professional needs and learning requirements.
Many of our professional development programmes enable you to construct a programme to suit you or allow you to study individual modules as required.
Our training, support and resources are student-focused and suitable for individuals from a wide range of backgrounds, including those with non-traditional qualifications or experience and those who may not have studied for a number of years.
The Faculty of Education is committed to providing high quality training to education professionals in a range of settings on a national basis.
As the largest provider of education training for the whole school workforce and the largest provider of professional development courses for teachers in the UK, the Faculty offers a comprehensive professional development portfolio for teachers, those supporting teaching and learning and those working in schools and educational settings.
In addition to the Faculty’s undergraduate and postgraduate provision, short professional development courses are also being developed for qualified teachers and higher level teaching assistants.
Primarily based in a £9million purpose-built Centre of Excellence at Edge Hill University, many of the Faculty’s professional development courses are also available at a network of centres throughout the country.
With programmes managed by a dedicated and experienced team of specialist tutors, you will find the level of support you receive throughout your studies to be high quality and tailored to your individual needs.
The Faculty of Health and Social Care is one of the largest providers of health and social care education in the North West of England.
Offering a comprehensive continuing professional development portfolio, the Faculty provides flexible and responsive provision for professionals seeking to enhance the delivery of health and social care.
- BSc (Hons) Behaviour Analysis and Intervention
- BSc (Hons) Cardiothoracic Practice
- University Advanced Certificate Clinical and Professional Cardiothoracic Care
- BSc (Hons) Clinical and Professional Child and Young Person’s Palliative and End of Life Care Practice
- BSc (Hons) Clinical and Professional Paramedic Practice
- BSc (Hons) Clinical and Professional Perioperative Practice
- BSc (Hons) Clinical and Professional Practice
- BA (Hons) Counselling
- BSc (Hons) Integrated Children and Young People’s Practice
- CertHE Supporting Pre-Hospital Care
- PGCert Advanced Critical Care
- MSc Advanced Fertility Practice
- MSc Advanced Practice
- MA Clinical Education
- MSc Clinical Reproductive Medicine
- MClin Res Master of Clinical Research
- MSc Dental Implantology
- MHealth Res Master of Health Research
- MSc Leadership Development
- PGCert Medical Leadership
- MMed Medicine
- PGCert Mental Health Law and Ethics
- MSc Professional Clinical Practice
- PGCert Simulation and Clinical Learning
- MCh Surgery
- MSc Surgical Care Practice
- PGCert Teaching and Learning in Clinical Practice
- PGCert Workplace-based Postgraduate Medical Education
The following Masters degrees are also available:
- MSc Applied Clinical Nutrition
- MSc Child and Adolescent Mental Health and Wellbeing
- MSc Midwifery
- MSc Nursing (Pre-Registration Adult)
- MSc Nursing (Pre-Registration Child)
- MSc Nursing (Pre-Registration Learning Disabilities)
- MSc Nursing (Pre-Registration Mental Health)
- MSc Public Health Nutrition
- MA Social Work
In addition to the Faculty’s undergraduate and postgraduate provision, there are short professional development courses in areas such as:
- Non-Medical Prescribing (V150)
- Non-Medical Prescribing (V300)
- Return to Professional Practice
- Mentorship in Professional Practice (Level 5)
- Mentorship in Professional Practice (Level 6)
- Mentorship in Professional Practice (Level 7)
- Advanced Scrub Practitioner (Part 1)
- Advanced Scrub Practitioner (Part 2)
A variety of half-day or full-day clinical skills training courses provide an ideal opportunity for health and social care professionals to develop or refresh their clinical skills.
Many health and social care professional development modules are also available to study on a standalone basis, without the need to commit to a full undergraduate or postgraduate award.
The innovative £14million Faculty of Health and Social Care building at the Ormskirk Campus offers some of the best training facilities for health and social care professionals in the country, including contemporary clinical skills facilities and ward simulations with industry-standard equipment.
The Faculty also has extensive off-campus provision at University Hospital Aintree, providing a first-hand hospital experience, and Armstrong House in Manchester, which is equipped with an impressive clinical simulation suite.
Comprehensive, individually-tailored support is provided through a team of pathway coordinators, academic leads, student liaison officers and other faculty staff.
If you are passionate about teaching English to speakers of other languages and want to deepen your knowledge, understanding and practical skills in language learning and education, then The Language Centre at Edge Hill University offer an MA TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages).
The programme is designed for native and non-native speakers of English who have classroom experience of teaching second or foreign languages.
Get In Touch
If you want to find out more about our professional development courses, please contact:
- Faculty of Education Professional Development Admin Team
- Email: email@example.com
- Faculty of Health and Social Care CPD Enquiries
- Tel: 01695 657249
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org