What’s Your Situation?
We’ve compiled a series of short guides to help familiarise you with the range of scenarios you might encounter when you receive your results and explain how Clearing and Adjustment work.
If you are interested in joining Edge Hill University, each guide will explain your options and provide advice on how to secure a place.
Clearing and Adjustment Explained
Clearing provides a great opportunity to secure a place on an Edge Hill University programme starting in September, whether you’ve already applied through UCAS or not.
You might find yourself looking for a place in Clearing for a variety of reasons. You may have decided to go to university after the initial UCAS deadline, changed your mind about where to study, or not quite got the grades you needed.
Alternatively, if your results meet or exceed the offer conditions of your first choice course, you also have the option of using UCAS Adjustment to look for a different programme with places available, while still holding your original choice.
- Monday 6 July 2020: Clearing begins;
- Thursday 13 August 2020: A Level results are published and Adjustment begins;
- Monday 31 August 2020: Adjustment ends. Our Clearing and Confirmation Helpline remains open until Friday 18 September 2020.
Watch the videos below to see two students, Natasha and Rachel, share their stories about choosing Edge Hill in Clearing and studying with us.
We asked some of our current students who joined us through Clearing for their tips on how to navigate the process successfully. They told us:
- Don’t panic! Clearing isn’t as challenging or daunting as you think. Simply pick up the phone and speak to the Clearing advisers and they’ll be happy to advise you;
- Show your enthusiasm and confidence for the course. Focus on your experience if you don’t have the qualifications you need;
- Take advantage of the opportunity to sell yourself over the phone, rather than through written words or a personal statement;
- Don’t feel pressured or rushed. Take time to reflect and make the right decision for you;
- View Clearing as an opportunity to pursue a different path to get to where you want to be.
Our Clearing blog will be full of information and advice in the run-up to results day and beyond, including sharing first-hand perspectives from some of our current students who joined Edge Hill through Clearing.
The latest posts include:
- Clearing Classics: Tom’s Summer Sizzlers
- My Clearing Story: Tom
- Keep Calm and Call Us
- Think Big at Edge Hill
- Clearing Classics: Elizabeth’s Summer Sizzlers
- My Clearing Story: Elizabeth
- Clearing Explained: A-Z
- Finding Your Path to Uni
Proof of Results
UCAS will notify us directly of most examination results including A and AS levels, Access to HE Diplomas, BTECs, CACHE, International Baccalaureate, Irish Leaving Certificates, OCR, SQA and Welsh Baccalaureate qualifications.
In some cases, however, you may need to send us proof of your results or qualifications if we don’t receive them from UCAS. If this is required we will contact you to request evidence of your results.
If your offer is conditional upon GCSE results, which are published on Thursday 20 August 2020, you will need to send us proof of your grades as soon as you receive them.