We’ve outlined below the different scenarios you might find yourself in when you receive your results if you applied to Edge Hill University through UCAS and made us your firm choice.
Scenario 1: I’ve met or exceeded the conditions of the offer I accepted from Edge Hill University as my firm choice.
- If you made Edge Hill University your firm choice and meet or exceed the conditions of your offer, congratulations!
- Your place with us will be automatically confirmed and you will be notified directly by UCAS. Our Admissions Office will also send you a Confirmation of Place notification. There is no need for you to ring us to confirm your place.
- If you are in any doubt, you can check your status on UCAS Track.
Scenario 2: I’ve not met the conditions of the offer I accepted from Edge Hill University as my firm choice.
- If you don’t quite meet the conditions of your firm choice offer, we may still be able to accept you onto your chosen degree.
- We will make a decision as quickly as possible and update the status of your application on UCAS Track as soon as we are able to do so.
- If we are unable to confirm your place on your first choice of course, we’ll look to see if we can offer you a place on an alternative degree. If this isn’t possible, your application may be unsuccessful and your insurance choice would then become your firm choice (if you have met the conditions of your insurance offer).
- If you don’t secure a place on your firm choice with us and would like to discuss your options, please contact our Clearing team, ensuring that you have your UCAS Personal ID number and results to hand, and we will be happy to advise you.
- From A Level results day on Thursday 18 August 2022, we will be able to provide instant decisions to most enquirers.
- You also have the option to appeal your results with the relevant exam board or to appeal against the University’s decision not to confirm your place on your chosen course.