Apprenticeship programmes enable people of all ages to earn a wage while studying for a higher level qualification. Higher and Degree Apprenticeships are available at a range of levels, from Foundation degree to Bachelor’s and Master’s degree levels.
There are plenty of benefits to becoming an apprentice:
- You can earn a learning whilst learning – and gain work experience at the same time
- Apply the knowledge you gain to your job immediately, consolidating your learning
- Get professional registration for your study (where appropriate)
To secure an apprenticeship, you need to have a job with one of our partner employers. We currently work with the following organisations:
- St Helen’s and Knowsley Teaching Hospital NHS Trust
- Mersey Care NS Foundation Trust
- The Walton Centre NHS Foundation Trust
- Liverpool University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (Aintree Hospital)
- Southport and Ormskirk Hospital NHS Trust
Each organisation will have a different approach to recruitment of apprentices, please contact the Apprenticeship Lead at the Trust for further information.
Edge Hill University works with employers to provide tailored Higher and Degree Apprenticeship programmes.
Apprentices gain academic qualifications awarded by Edge Hill University as well as professional registration in a range of health and social care subjects.
We specialise in creating blended training solutions tailored to an employer’s individual business, to provide practical, immersive and experiential learning based around a learner’s work environment.
We offer opportunities to up-skill existing staff and train new recruits across the following apprenticeship standards:
- Registered Nurse – a four-year apprenticeship leading to a BSc (Hons) Nursing award and registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC).
- Nursing Associate – a two-year apprenticeship leading to a FDSC Nursing Associate award and registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC), based at Edge Hill University Campus.
- Advanced Clinical Practitioner – a three-year apprenticeship leading to an MSc Advanced Clinical Practitioner award which meets Health Education North West’s requirements to practice at an advanced level across the health professions spectrum.
With the following apprenticeship standards in development:
- Paramedic Practice
- Operating Department Practitioner
- Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner
Please get in touch with us to discuss your needs.
Further information about apprenticeships, including levy and non-levy options can be found here.