If you are considering changing courses or modes of study, we can support you with this. It may even be possible to transfer to part time study, if you are unable to continue studying on a full time basis.
It’s really important to research the course and/or university that you would like to transfer to. You will need to make sure you meet the entry requirements for the course and level of study.
Transferring within the University
Students wanting to transfer course or mode of study within in the current academic year can only do this within the first four weeks of teaching, this is to ensure students have sufficient time to catch up on missed work.
- Students wanting to transfer course or mode of study in the following year can submit a transfer request at anytime.
- Students may not be permitted to transfer from a non-professional to a professional course and may be required to reapply.
- Students must meet the relevant entry requirements to be able to transfer course.
- Students will need to discuss their transfer request and obtain approval from the current and potential future programme leader or head of department
- Students career options may be affected, so we suggest students also seek advice from the Careers team.
If you are considering changing courses, to ensure you are making the correct decision, you will need to discuss your position with your Personal Tutor or relevant department representative. You also need to ensure you are fully aware of all the financial implications of transferring before completing the application form.
Application forms must be completed and supported by the relevant department and in some cases, the Admissions team. Applications will not be processed if they have not been approved. Completed applications need to be submitted to the relevant Academic Records team, who will process the application.
Transferring outside the University
If you decide Edge Hill is not the right place for you, we want to ensure that you make an appropriate choice for your next steps.
- Our Student Support Team are here to help you understand your options and answer any questions you may have. We can support you best we can, for example we can confirm what credit you have accumulated, level of study undertaken and your academic achievement by providing you with an academic transcript (if applicable). To enable you to transfer to another institution you will be required to submit a withdrawal confirming that you no longer wish to study at EHU and make a new application to the institution you wish to study at.
Transferring into Edge Hill
If you are currently studying elsewhere and want to transfer to one of our courses for which you meet the entry requirements, this can be considered through our admissions process.
Contact Edge Hill Admissions
You may be able to transfer directly into year two or three, or you may be exempt from specific modules. We will take completed credit and other study into consideration. This is in line with our ‘Recognition of prior and experiential learning’ regulations.
Finance and funding
It is important to research thoroughly and discuss funding implications with Student Finance and the NHS Business Services Authority before making any decision as this could affect your funding eligibility.
Whether you are changing courses within the same or different Edge Hill faculties, courses with different study weeks will offer different maintenance loan awards and funding entitlement.
If you are transferring to Edge Hill, please contact the Fees and Bursaries Team by emailing [email protected]. They can arrange to transfer your Student Finance funding.
For students transferring elsewhere your new institution will contact Student Finance on your behalf to arrange transfer of funding.Tuition fees regulations
The Fees and Bursaries Team and Money Advice Team are on hand to answer any of your money or funding related questions.Fees and Bursaries Money Advice
Students with visas
If you have a visa to study here, there are potential visa implications if you request to transfer. The International team are on hand to provide further information.
The International team are on hand to provide further information.
Contact the relevant team for further information and to obtain the relevant transfer application form.