Our 3-year accredited degrees in Nursing combine extensive practice opportunities with collaborative learning informed by service users, carers and their families.
We will equip you with the professional values and field-specific competencies required to achieve national outcomes and become a professionally qualified nurse. You can specialise in adult nursing, children’s nursing, learning disability nursing or mental health nursing.
Alternatively, you may wish to gain professional accreditation in two fields of nursing on a 4-year integrated Masters degree or achieve dual registration as both a professionally qualified nurse and registered social worker, or as a professionally qualified adult nurse and paramedic. We also offer a foundation degree that enables you to train to join the nursing team as a qualified nursing associate.
Nursing in the News
- New Nurse Paramedic integrated Masters degree at Edge Hill is first of its kind in UK
- Action by Edge Hill University helps NHS sanitise and test surgical masks
- Patient Safety Innovation Award for researchers
- Resource to make hospital visits better for children is endorsed by RCN
- Nursing chief welcomes students to receive £5,000 per year more funding
- ‘Most caring’ A&E nurse graduates with three special awards
EHU Insight on The Conversation
- Forcefully holding children for health procedures causes avoidable stress
- Why you shouldn’t take antibiotics for colds and flu
- Fashioning identity for burns survivors
- Poor posture in people with disabilities can be fatal
- How caring for a child with complex health needs can be both isolating and extraordinary
- Stressed out: the psychological effects of tests on primary school children
Service User and Carer Council
- MSci Nursing (dual award)
- BSc (Hons) Nursing (Adult)
- BSc (Hons) Nursing (Child)
- BSc (Hons) Nursing (Learning Disabilities)
- BSc (Hons) Nursing (Mental Health)
Nursing and Paramedic Practice
- MSci Nurse Paramedic (Adult) (dual award)
Nursing and Social Work
- MNSW Adult Nursing & Social Work (dual award)
- MNSW Children’s Nursing & Social Work (dual award)
- MNSW Learning Disabilities Nursing & Social Work (dual award)
- MNSW Mental Health Nursing & Social Work (dual award)
Edge Hill University is a leading provider in the UK for professional development for those working, or seeking to work, in health and social care. Further information and course listings are available at www.edgehill.ac.uk/pd.
Our innovative Faculty of Health, Social Care and Medicine building provides some of the best teaching and learning resources in the country for Nursing and Midwifery students.
The clinical skills facilities include ward simulations and operating theatres with industry standard equipment, as well as robot-style mannequins that can simulate a wide range of symptoms, from pregnancy to a temperature, to ensure your learning experience is as realistic as possible.
Edge Hill University has excellent relationships with NHS hospital and community trusts, enabling us to offer practice-based learning opportunities in a variety of care contexts, with placements at more than 600 locations across Merseyside, Cheshire and Lancashire.
Faculty of Health, Social Care and Medicine 360 Virtual Tour
Clinical Skills and Simulation Centre 360 Virtual Tour
Open Days and Virtual Events
Our November 2020 open day is going virtual. We will ensure that you can still discover everything that Edge Hill University has to offer and get answers to all of your questions. You will be able to find out more about nursing and the University through a series of online activities.
If you would like to see our stunning campus for yourself, private campus tours, led by a student guide, are also available on a variety of dates. Pre-booking is essential.Book your place at our virtual open day