Skip Navigation

We offer a range of support specifically aimed at mature students. There is advice available to you at every step of the application process as well as in person or virtual support once you become an Edge Hill University student.

What do we mean by mature student?

A mature student, sometimes referred to as an adult learner, is someone who has had a period of time out of further education and is looking to return to full-time or part-time study. At university, this can be anyone over the age of 21 who is applying to or studying on an undergraduate degree, or anyone over the age of 25 who is applying to or studying on a postgraduate degree.

Your study options

Your support options

Our commitment to you

Frequently asked questions 

What qualifications do I need to go to university as a mature student?
Can mature students stay in student accommodation?

Contact us

If you are in need of any further support or would like to discuss your study options, please get in touch with our teams, who will be happy to help you.

Further information