When you join Edge Hill, you become part of a diverse community. We’ll support your growth and development as a mature student. You never have to do it alone. We’ll be there for you during your studies and beyond.
When you study with us, you’ll have access to our Careers Team. You can chat to the team about employability opportunities during and after your studies. And the support doesn’t stop after your graduate. You can keep in touch with the team for three years afterwards.
As a mature student, you get access to ‘Get Ahead’ appointments with the Careers Team. In these appointments you can:
- get the support you need to help you reach your goals
- get support writing your CV
- get support making job applications
- chat about anything careers related
- ‘Get Ahead’ appointments are 30 minutes long and will be with your dedicated Employment Adviser Georgina Butler. Georgina will also support you in accessing additional guidance from a Careers Adviser when needed.
Academic skills support
You will be assigned a Personal Tutor when you start your course. Your department will let you know who your personal tutor is, and you’ll get a chance to meet them when you join us. Your Personal Tutor is there to offer advice and support you confidentially. You can catch up and regularly chat to your Personal Tutor as more or as little as you’d like to.
Learning goes beyond your lectures. As an Edge Hill student, you’ll have access to free online tutorials via LinkedIn Learning.
Some useful videos to get you started are:Getting Started with Microsoft Word Getting Started with Microsoft PowerPoint Prioritising your Tasks Switching your Career