Journals & Databases
These collections provide instant access to scholarly research, journal articles and book reviews. They may be accessed 24/7 and each collection has its own help and guidance on the home page.
- Tourism Cases – a collection of case studies on the tourism industry written by international practitioners and academics. Designed to share experiences and expertise from the Tourism Industry, these case studies offer practical, real-life examples in the fields of Leisure, Events and Hospitality.
- Retail Week is a news website, magazine and data service covering the retail industry. You can sign up for newsletters and alerts plus receive the Editor’s Choice weekly roundup. You can get more information about how to sign up here and about the features of Retail Week here.
Journal & Database Collections
- Box of Broadcasts is an on demand TV and radio service for education. The academically-focused system enables you to record programmes from over 65 free-to-air channels, and search an extensive archive. Box of Broadcasts is intuitive and easy to use, so you may find you can start straight away.
- Business Source Complete provides full-text access to more than 2,500 journals, along with industry reports, country economic reports, market research reports, case studies and SWOT analyses. It’s a useful source for the latest research across all disciplines of business, including marketing, management, MIS, accounting and finance.
- Emerald Insight covers all major management disciplines from marketing, human resources management, library and information management and quality to operations management.
- Fame (Financial Advice Made Easy) is a database of UK and Irish company information and intelligence, containing data on over seven million companies. Content includes industry reports, company news, credit scores, corporate structures and original documents such as annual returns and accounts.
- International Journal of Emergency Services IJES serves as a vehicle for the development of scholarship in the management of all emergency services both universal services such as Fire and Rescue, Police, and Ambulance services as well as more specialised services such as the Coastguard, Air-Sea or Mountain Rescue.
- Passport is a one-stop source to find statistics, market reports, company profiles and information for country, market, consumer and lifestyle profiling. Watch these short tutorials to learn more about Passport.
- SAGE Research Methods is a database which supports research at all levels by providing material to guide users through every step of the research process. Resources include a methods map, case studies, datasets, books, reference works, journal articles and instructional videos from world-leading academics.
- Scopus is the world’s largest abstract and citation database, containing 24,600 journals from 5,000 publishers. It is excellent for literature reviews or for finding out what has been published in your area as it can locate high quality journal articles, book chapters and more, for any subject.
Newspapers can be a useful way of keeping up to date with current affairs or recent events. Newspaper archives usually contain issues which are less recent and which are useful for finding articles of a more historical interest.
- Daily Mail Historical Archive 1896-2004 contains news stories and images that capture 20th century culture and society. Offers full page and article images with searchable full text back to the first issue. Useful for historical research.
- The Financial Times contains news and analysis about the world of business and finance. The electronic collection goes back to 1999, the latest articles cannot be accessed for 30 days but are listed in search results.
- Gale OneFile: News contains articles from over 2300 newspapers from around the world. These include major British newspapers, as well as US and Australian titles. It also has thousands of images, radio and TV broadcasts and transcripts.
- LexisNexis contains over 650 regional and national UK newspapers from 1982 to the present. It is possible to limit your search to either national or regional titles, or you can search the whole of the newspaper database.
- Times Digital Archive contains every issue of The Times from 1785 to 2019. You can search by keyword or for a particular issue and each story appears as it looks in the original copy of the newspaper.
- ACCA champion opportunity within accountancy and act as a driving force within the accounting profession to constantly improve working practices.
- AdAge is a US-based website offering news, analysis and forecasting on marketing and media. The content includes the Leading National Advertisers Report. To access AdAge use your Edge Hill username and password to open the instructions: Access AdAge.
- The Advertising Association promotes the role, rights and responsibilities of advertising and its impact on individuals, society and the economy.
- The Advertising Standards Authority is the UK’s independent regulator of advertising across all media.
- Alliance of Independent Agencies represents independent marketing agencies in the UK.
- Campaign provides news and analysis from expert commentators in the fields of marketing, advertising and media. To use Campaign you need to create an account, using your Edge Hill University email address.
- CIMA aim to advance the entire breadth of the accounting profession – both management and public accounting.
- CIPD is the professional body for HR and people development.
- The CBI is the UK’s leading business organisation, providing a voice for firms at a regional, national and international level to policymakers.
- Federation of Small Businesses aims to support smaller businesses.
- The Public Relations and Communications Association exists to uphold standards in the public relations and communications industry.
Specialist Software: Sage
- Sage accounting software is available on 5 PCs on the 2nd floor of Catalyst near the Accountancy book stock. For more information on the location of the 5 PCs please click here.