Welcome back. Semester 2 is finally here and we’re excited to have everyone back on campus, along with a few new faces. The long break and cold start to the year can be tough, so remember to be kind to yourself as you slip back into your academic schedule.
February is a busy month, so we have summarised everything you need to know in this handy round-up, starting with some important reminders:
- If you have any issues in halls, come along to a weekly drop-in with either Sophie, Colin or Claire. They will be in touch with you to remind you of the sessions for your patch.
- All the important contact details you need to get in touch with our teams – especially out of hours – can be found on the back of your bedroom door.
- Always to leave the kitchen tidy and the sinks empty ahead of each Housekeeping visit.
- Always return the vacuum and mops to the cupboard (otherwise the Housekeepers cannot carry out their daily duties).
We will be visiting for annual fire door maintenance, monthly testing of emergency lighting, and if you have one, testing of epilepsy alarms, emergency assistance alarms and emergency voice communication devices.
A reminder that we are obligated to carry out these works and do not require your presence or entry to your room. We will visit with our own keys and secure the area when we leave.
|9am – 5pm
2 – 9 February
If you are in Colin’s patch, we will be visiting you for an informal chat to get your feedback on how things are going in halls so far. If you’re in, we look forward to seeing you then! If you’re not, please share your feedback about our facilities teams for a chance to win a voucher.
|10am – 4pm, weekdays
29 January – 29 February
|£500 Competition – events at The Hub TV
Don’t forget our brand-new big screen TV is now live in The Hub for you to share big-screen moments. For the chance to win support to organise a £500 event, Register an Event between Monday 19 – 26 February 2024.
19 – 26 February
|Big Night In Goodie Box drop
To celebrate Feel Good February, we will be delivering an exclusive Goodie Box to every cluster as part of our Big Night In campaign and competition. Find out more on our Instagram @EHUResidents.
Looking for something to do? Check out the Student Life Portal for exclusive resident events and other campus activities.
- If you’re new to halls, come along on our Ikea Trip on Thursday 8 February to get everything you need to personalise your new room.
- Struggling to meet others in halls? Visit our Student Life Arch, every weekday from 11.30am – 1pm. You can also book a coffee and catch up with a Campus Connector who can connect you with other residents, events and Student Life activities.
- Check out the Student Life Portal for exclusive resident events and other campus activities.