Living in halls
It may feel overwhelming when you first move into halls, but remember that many people will be feeling the same way as you. You will soon find out who has the untidiest room, who never does their washing up and who is always staying out late. To make the most of your time in halls, take a look at the Living on Campus page for key information and advice.
Here are a few handy tips to help you settle in and feel at home.
- Don’t forget, everyone is in the same boat, so don’t be shy and make sure you spend time in the communal areas rather than in your room with the door shut.
- Join your Halls Facebook group to find out who else is living in your halls and about key events taking place on campus or important messages about life in halls.
- Label your belongings in the kitchen (and the stuff in your room). If it’s not got your name on it, it might just find its way into someone else’s kitchen cupboard or room.
- Save money by shopping and cooking with the people in your cluster.
- Try to agree with your flatmates on a rota for buying essentials such as milk and bread, or even devise a washing-up rota.
All residential students are required to view a welcome talk when they start at Edge Hill.
Meet the team
The Student Life team is a mix of staff and current students, with two Student Life Officers, a Student Life Manager and 20 Campus Connectors.
The Campus Connectors are an excellent source of information and advice and can help you settle into your accommodation and pass on any important information. You’ll recognise them around campus in their purple t-shirts / hoodies. They will also promote various in-person events across campus. You can see the full list of events on the Student Life portal. If you have any ideas for any activities you would like to see on campus, get in touch and get involved.View the Student Life Portal
Support and conduct
If you are having any difficulties living in halls, or if you are finding it hard to settle in and make new friends, the Student Life team are here to help. You can get in touch via email.
Make the most of your experience at Edge Hill by getting involved in different activities, societies, events and initiatives to meet like-minded people and find new hobbies and skills. You can:
- Take part in ResLife events which you can book onto via the Student Life Portal
- Join a society
- Go to a show or watch a film in the Arts Centre (and get free tickets with a Student Membership)
- Attend a class or join a sports team at Edge Hill Sport
- Develop your skills and get involved in the local community by linking in with Careers
Whatever you fancy doing, from trying something completely new or joining a society that celebrates something you love, there is plenty going on for everyone. You could even apply to be a Campus Connector next year to help other students settle in and have a great experience too. Keep your eyes on the EHU Residents Facebook page in the autumn and spring terms for details of how to apply.