To register as a vehicle user, you must contact FM Helpdesk to receive your direct EHU registration link – you should never register directly via Co-Wheels as this may incur charges.
The provision and use of vehicles form an essential part of the University business operations. All University vehicles are provided and managed by the Facilities Management (FM) Department on behalf of Edge Hill University.
The University has 5 low-emission vehicles available for staff to use for business purposes.
These vehicles include:
- 2 x 9 seater (8 + 1 driver) Ford Tourneo people carriers
- 3 x BMW 118 Series
- These 5 vehicles are provided with individual fuel cards, therefore you will not incur personal expenditure if you use them to refuel the vehicle
If no cars are available via Co-Wheels, please make a hire car request via the form. To place a booking for one of the EHU 9 seater vehicles please book via the form.Vehicle booking form
Only registered users will be allowed to book vehicles. To register to use a university car follow the instructions below. The Co-Wheels registration takes 24 hours.
Registration step by step
- Apply to become an EHU driver by completing Co Wheels Registration Process (contact FM Reception for further guidance). Note: Use your home address on Driver Profile and click ‘Yes’ to Smartcard
- Await license check & confirmation that registration is successful email from Co-Wheels
- Visit FM reception to collect your Co-Wheels driver card. (Durning Centre Monday to Friday 8am – 6pm)
- Ring Co-Wheels customer service to register Co-Wheels driver card to your account
- Book in with Campus Support Security Team for vehicle familiarisation
- To place a booking on EHU fleet, log into your Co-Wheels account via the online portal or app
- At start of booking, check car for any damage and report any faults
- Use your Co-Wheels driver card to access the vehicle (no keys are issued)
- The fuel card is in the vehicle on the left side of the white data machine. The pin will be sent to you as part of the confirmation email
Returning the vehicle
- Please ensure to leave at least half a tank of petrol in the car on it’s return
- Return the vehicle to it’s space in car park A
- Check the vehicle for damage and faults and report any issues to Co-Wheels customer service
- Leave the fuel card in its original position and ensure the keys are back in the glove box. Lock the car using your personal driver card
How do I register to use Co-Wheels?
Please contact FMHelpdesk.
Where do I collect my Co-Wheels Smartcard?
The Facilities Management Helpdesk is located on the first floor of the Durning Centre.
Contact Co-Wheels for help with these queries
- How do I activate my Co-Wheels Smartcard?
- What do I do if I have lost / damaged my Co-Wheels Smartcard?
- How do I report an accident or a fault in a Co-Wheels car?
- What number do I ring for a car breakdown / rescue?
How do I collect the car I have booked via Co-Wheels and where do I pick up the keys?
Please book familiarisation session with Campus Support.
By contacting Co-Wheels by phone, online or via the app you can
- Amend or extend a booking
- Add an additional driver to a booked Co-Wheels car
How often do I need to renewal my registration with Co-Wheels?
If any changes to drivers circumstances such as change of address, or receive penalty points, notify Co-Wheels.
Who do I notify if there are changes to my driving licence?
See GOV.uk for information about changes to your driving license.GOV.uk