Chancellors Court and Chancellors South consist of 14 halls of residence situated close to Edge Hill Sport and Creative Edge on the eastern side of the campus.
The halls ranked in the top 25 in the StudentCrowd Best UK Student Accommodation Awards 2019, scoring highly for value for money, management and social experience.
- Cost: £130-£140 per week for academic years 2020/21 and 2021/22. The vast majority of rooms are priced at £130 per week for academic years 2020/21 and 2021/22. Utility bills included;
- Number of rooms: 508 (Chancellors Court), 245 (Chancellors South);
- Access: Adapted rooms available. Please call 01695 584190 for more information;
- Layout: Set in clusters of four, six or eight rooms which share a kitchen and dining area;
- Catering: Self-catered;
- Bedroom: Single bed, desk and chair, with a wardrobe, drawers, bedside storage and a mini-fridge. A flatscreen TV/monitor is provided that can be enabled to receive Freeview for TV Licence holders;
- Bathroom: En-suite shower room;
- Kitchen: Each kitchen includes a fridge, freezer, oven, induction hob, microwave, kettle, iron and ironing board, as well as a 32″ LCD Freeview TV;
- WiFi: Wireless internet services are available free of charge as part of the secure eduroam service across the campus. Your WiFi device must support WPA2-Enterprise (802.1x) authentication to connect to eduroam. Devices that don’t support these protocols, such as smart speakers, Fire TV Sticks and Apple TV, are unable to use eduroam. WiFi is a ‘shared’ technology and bandwidth contracts apply to ensure fair access for all service users;
- Gaming: Support for most gaming consoles via a wired network connection, requiring MAC address registration. Strict NAT only;
- Contract: 40 weeks (September to June, including Christmas and Easter vacation periods);
- Safety: The Campus Support team provides 24 hour security. They are on call to offer guidance and assistance whenever required;
- Hall Names: Binns, Blake, Booth, Boyce, Bradshaw, Byron, Fulton, Lord, Meadon, Millner, Pinfold, Tomkins, Wilson and Williams (Chancellors Court); Aitken, Jenkins, Laverty, Millins and Welch (Chancellors South);
- Quiet Flats for Academic Year 2020/21: Designated clusters of rooms are available in parts of certain halls (Jenkins, Lord, Williams, Wilson) where lower levels of noise are expected at any time of day or night. In these halls, you will be living with other students who have all indicated their preference for a quieter environment;
- Same-Sex Flats for Academic Year 2020/21: Designated clusters of rooms are available in parts of certain halls (Byron, Jenkins) for same-sex students only. Some same-sex flats (Jenkins) are also designated as quiet flats.