Enrolment is the formal process of becoming a student at the University. You will complete enrolment online, in two stages. Before you begin the enrolment process, you should read the student terms and conditions.
To complete online enrolment you will need:
- The email we will have sent to you containing your student email, details on how to set up your password and your link to access the online enrolment system.
- A suitable profile photograph saved as a JPEG or JPG file no bigger than 2MB.
- A copy of your identification saved as a PDF file, word document, JPEG or JPG image file no bigger than 2MB.
It is recommended you complete stage one of enrolment using a PC, laptop or tablet. Please complete this as soon as you receive your email.
Setting up your password
In your enrolment email , before you begin the online process, you will be asked to set up your password on your student account. It’s easy to do by completing the Self-Service Password Reset (SSPR) process. You can read the instructions for this process online before you begin.
Use the tabs below to find out what is required at each step of enrolment.
N.B. The steps you see may differ from those shown below depending on your course:
Your personal details
This confirms your name, date of birth and student number.
Your course details
This confirms your course code and instance code (which denotes the year for which you are enrolling), your full course title, your mode of study (full-time or part-time), the academic year, start date and course location.
If you find that any of this information is in correct, please contact the enrolment team: [email protected]
Once step one is complete, click on NEXT to progress to the next page.
Follow the on-screen instructions and enter a separate term-time address, if this is different to your home address. If your home address is also your term address, click on the ‘same as’ box. Use the ‘lookup’ option to quickly identify your address based on your postcode – this will save you having to enter your address manually.
Remember that you will be able to make amendments to your contact details at any time via the University’s student homepage once you are registered.
Once step two is complete, click on NEXT to progress to the next page.
Follow the on-screen instructions to enter the contact details for at least one person who can be contacted by the University in the event of an emergency.
Once step three is complete, click on NEXT to progress to the next page.
Follow the instructions on the screen and select your answers from the drop-down menus. If you click on the item headings, you will be able to access help information for each item.
Once step four is complete, click on NEXT to progress to the next page.
You may be asked some additional questions in this section. Follow the on-screen instructions and select the relevant answer. Help information is available for each item.
Once step five is complete, click on NEXT to progress to the next page.
You are required to upload a photograph of yourself.
It is really important that your photograph follows our guidance. If it doesn’t, it could cause a delay in your enrolment.
Your photograph must be:
- a recent colour passport style photograph of your head and shoulders
- taken recently for example in the last 6 months
- of you alone (no other people or pets)
- taken against a plain, light-coloured background
- show you facing forwards and in the centre of the photograph
- with eyes open, visible and free from reflection or glare from glasses.
You must not:
- cover your face such as wearing a scarf, sunglasses, hair
- submit a photo with red-eye
- submit a photo with shadows across your face or behind you
- submit a photo with a filter applied
- submit a photo where you are in the distance or there are other people visible
- submit scanned or duplicated images such as photographs of photographs
- submit inappropriate or obscene images
- submit an image of someone else.
The image should be a JPEG or JPG file and should be no more than 2MB.
Once step six is complete, click on NEXT to progress to the next page.
You are required to upload your identification during this step, this will be checked and verified by the University.
It is essential that you provide us with suitable identification documents (ID) as part of your enrolment. During the enrolment process, there will be a step when you will be asked to upload your ID. Preferably, this will be a copy of your passport, but if you don’t have one please see the table below for suitable alternatives. We will then verify what you have uploaded.
- Upload the correct form of identification according to your nationality, as indicated in the table below (preferably a passport)
- Upload an electronic copy (either a scanned image or a photo) of the original document in colour print either by JPEG, JPG, PDF or word doc
- Be able to read all the details – blurry images will not be accepted
- Ensure the whole document is visible and that all four edges of the document are evident in the image
- Ensure the size of the file is no bigger than 2MB.
The level of identification required will be determined by your nationality, as set out below:
|UK and Ireland||One of the following:|
UK & Northern Ireland / Irish passport (preferred)
UK Photo Driving Licence
Original UK Birth Certificate
Original UK Adoption Certificate
(and original Marriage Certificate / Change of Name document if applicable – signed, dated and witnessed)
The University is required by law to check, verify and retain copies of your documentation as part of our immigration sponsorship duties. We regularly check this documentation to ensure our students have the right to study in the UK and, specifically, with Edge Hill University.
The University also monitors students with a time limit on their visa.
The requirements above will be strictly adhered to and you will not be able to enrol if you do not provide the appropriate identification. Please note you can only enrol in your legal name as stated on your identification.
Examples of acceptable identification:
You may review all the data you have entered on this page. You will be provided with the University’s ‘Terms and Conditions’ and invited to read and accept these by declaration, which confirms your understanding that the relationship between yourself and the University is a legal one. Information about the Terms and Conditions of our contract was sent to you when we made you an offer of a place. There is a check box for you to indicate that you have accepted them – until this is done you will not complete enrolment.
Review all of your details and click on SUBMIT to complete your enrolment.
This page confirms all the information that you have submitted to the University to complete the enrolment process.
Click on PRINT to print a copy.
Click on EXIT to return to the University’s student homepage.
To ensure you have completed enrolment correctly, you must set up your Edge Hill University email account. You will need it to access all further Edge Hill emails, including your confirmation of enrolment email.
To set up your email, read our online guide.
Log in using your Edge Hill username (which is your 8-digit student number) and password.
You will have been sent these in the email sent to your personal email account. You can also set up your Edge Hill emails to be received through your phone by downloading the Outlook app.
A delay in enrolling may result in you being unable to access University facilities and a delay to your first student loan payment (if applicable).
If you need help with any stage of the enrolment process please get in touch:
Once you have submitted your stage one enrolment, the Enrolment team will need to verify your photo and ID. Once these have been approved, we will send you a confirmation email with stage two instructions to your Edge Hill email account (make sure you set this up before you get here).
Stage two is really simple. All you need to do is:
- arrive on campus
- log onto the Eduroam WiFi
- open the ‘Stage two: Next steps’ email sent to your Edge Hill email account
- follow the link in the email and click the ‘login to enrol online’ button.
This will complete your enrolment. Your student finance will then be released after the start date of your course.
Please note, you should only arrive on campus when it is your move in date (if living in halls) or your scheduled induction (if commuting).
Problems logging in?
If you have any problems logging onto the Eduroam WiFi, please contact the Library and Learning Services Helpdesk.
Please note, a delay in enrolling may result in you being unable to access University facilities and a delay to your first student loan payment (if applicable).
If you need help with any stage of the enrolment process please get in touch: