The Department of Early Years Education, has a commitment to develop Early Childhood Education and Care practitioners within a wide range of settings. The department offers a variety of programmes; some of which support and develop existing early years education professionals, and others which nurture future new generations of those wanting to work with young children within a professional context.
Programmes have been designed to offer students strong foundations for lifelong learning, build confidence as creative and innovative thinkers, and develop resourceful and compassionate practitioners who are capable of working in a complex and rapidly changing environment. This in turn helps raise the status and quality of the early years education and care workforce.
The department is proud to work in partnership with employers and early years settings/schools across the region, to ensure high quality teaching and learning experiences for students and provide opportunities to engage in rich, reflective practice. Within this dynamic student-focused learning environment those on our programmes develop as creative and forward thinking practitioners who are able to offer valuable learning experiences, inextricably linked to the needs and interests of young children.
There are two main strands to the current Early Years Education portfolio; Initial Teacher Training (ITT) and Undergraduate Early Years Education Programmes.
Please visit the courses page for more information.
- PGCE Early Years Education with QTS Programme Handbook 19 20
- BA (Hons) Early Years Education with QTS Programme Handbook 19 20
- BA (Hons) Working and Teaching in the Early Years Handbook 19 20
- BA (Hons) Early Years Practice Handbook 19 20
- BA (Hons) Early Years Leadership Handbook 19 20
- Foundation Degree in Early Years Leadership and Practice Handbook 19 20
- Foundation Degree in Early Years Education and Leadership Handbook 19 20
Professional Practice Paperwork
- Professional Practice Handbook QTS PG UG 2019-2020
- Professional Practice Handbook PGCE Phase 1a
- Visiting Tutor Handbook
- Learning Teaching Evaluation Record 2019-2020
- Early Years Interim Assessment Form Phase 1a 2019-2020
- Early Years Interim Assessment Form 2019-2020
- End of Professional Practice Report Form Early Years Phase 1a 2019-2020
- End of Professional Practice Report Form Early Years 2019-2020
- Early conclusion of Professional Practice Form – 2019-2020
- Moving Across Good to Outstanding
- Reaching a Judgement
- Assessment and Grading Criteria EYS 2019-2020
- Record of Additional Support Meeting
- Session Plan Annotated Template
- Session Plan Blank Template
- TS6 – Trainee Information for Professional Practice
- TS6 – VT and Mentor Briefing Document
- Visiting Tutor Pro forma
- FS Learning Plan Under 3s
Training For Mentors
We have face-to-face mentor training on the following dates:
- Wednesday 30th October 2019 – Edge Hill University, Faculty of Education, Ormskirk, Room FoEL 0.18
- Wednesday 27th November 2019 – Edge Hill University, Faculty of Education, Ormskirk, Room FoEL 0.18
- Thursday 16th January 2020 – Edge Hill University, Faculty of Education, Ormskirk, Room TBA
- Wednesday 4th March 2020 – Edge Hill University, Faculty of Education, Ormskirk, Room TBA
- Thursday 23rd April 2020 – Edge Hill University, Faculty of Education, Ormskirk, Room TBA
To book a place, please contact DCEC@edgehill.ac.uk
- Travel and Accommodation Policy 2019 – 2020
- Travel Expenses Support Guide
- Accommodation Assistance Support Guide
- Distance Placement Support Guide
- Payments to Settings Policy 2019-2020
- Early Years Education Continuing Professional Development 2019 – 2020
- Partnership Development Team structure
For any queries relating to placement information, contact the Partnership Development team on email@example.com and they will direct your query to the relevant colleague.