The Department of Early Years Education, has a commitment to develop Early Childhood Education and Care practitioners within a wide range of settings. The department offers a variety of programmes; some of which support and develop existing early years education professionals, and others which nurture future new generations of those wanting to work with young children within a professional context.
Programmes have been designed to offer students strong foundations for lifelong learning, build confidence as creative and innovative thinkers, and develop resourceful and compassionate practitioners who are capable of working in a complex and rapidly changing environment. This in turn helps raise the status and quality of the early years education and care workforce.
The department is proud to work in partnership with employers and early years settings/schools across the region, to ensure high quality teaching and learning experiences for students and provide opportunities to engage in rich, reflective practice. Within this dynamic student-focused learning environment those on our programmes develop as creative and forward thinking practitioners who are able to offer valuable learning experiences, inextricably linked to the needs and interests of young children.
There are two main strands to the current Early Years Education portfolio; Initial Teacher Training (ITT) and Undergraduate Early Years Education Programmes.
Please visit the courses page for more information.
- PGCE Early Years Education with QTS Programme Handbook 18 19
- BA (Hons) Early Years Education with QTS Year 1 Programme Handbook 18 19
- BA (Hons) Early Years Education with QTS Year 2 Programme Handbook 18 19
- BA (Hons) Early Years Education with QTS Year 3 Programme Handbook 18 19
- BA (Hons) Working and Teaching in the Early Years Handbook 18 19
- BA (Hons) Early Years Practice Handbook 18 19
- BA (Hons) Early Years Leadership Handbook 18 19
- Foundation Degree in Early Years Leadership and Practice Handbook 18 19
Professional Practice Paperwork
- Professional Practice Handbook QTS PG UG 2018-2019
- Learning Evaluation Proforma 2018-2019
- Early Years Interim Assessment Form 2018-2019
- End of Professional Practice Report Form Early Years 2018-2019
- Early conclusion of PP – 2018-2019
- Moving Across Good to Outstanding
- Reaching a Judgement
- Assessment and Grading Criteria EYS 2018-2019
- Record of Additional Support Meeting
- Session Plan Annotated Template
- Session Plan Blank Template
- TS6 – Trainee Information for Professional Practice
- TS6 – VT and Mentor Briefing Document
- Visiting Tutor Pro forma
- Payments to Settings Policy 2018-2019
- FS Learning Plan Under 3s
Training For Mentors
We have face-to-face mentor training on the following dates:
- Thursday 2nd May – Edge Hill University, Faculty of Education, Ormskirk, Room E20
Thursday 27th June – Edge Hill University, Faculty of Education, Ormskirk, Room E20
To book a place, please contact DCEC@edgehill.ac.uk
- Travel and Accommodation Policy 2018 – 2019
- Travel Expenses Support Guide
- Accommodation Assistance Support Guide
- Regional Opportunities Support Guide
- Early Years Education Continuing Professional Development 2018/19
- Partnership Development Team structure
For any queries relating to placement information, contact the Partnership Development team on firstname.lastname@example.org and they will direct your query to the relevant colleague.