The Faith and Community service is here to support Edge Hill University students and staff of all faiths and none, helping to create a welcoming community on campus. We offer:
- pastoral guidance, support and encouragement
- information and advice about faith and the issues it raises
- bereavement support
- prayer if you request it
- signposting to other sources of help
- links to local faith communities
- chaplaincy facilities
- meetings and events
- conversation and opportunities to make friends with like-minded people
We respect the beliefs of others and actively encourage discussion, exploration, and understanding of different faiths, practices, backgrounds, and cultural traditions. Edge Hill University chaplains are not here to try to persuade you to join a particular faith, or to convert you to a different religion.
What we offer
Can we celebrate your event at Edge Hill?
Get in touch with the team to see how we can support your faith or cultural celebration.Email the team
- Join us as we take part in University Mental Health Day – 3 March 2022 11am in the Hub.
- Look out for our ‘Culture Through’ Series of events taking place on campus this Semester. Our Student Life Connectors have put together a series of events that celebrate the diversity and mix of cultures at Edge Hill, with Culture Through Play and Culture Through Expression still to come – see how you can get involved.
- Ramadan 2022 – We are looking forward to hosting our first Iftar meal during Ramadan this coming April – further information coming soon
- Culture Through Art and Culture Through Language events have taken place this Semester, events organised by Student Life Connectors.
- Hannukah 2021 – this year we were joined by Shmuli and family to see the 8 foot Menorah lit. Staff and students listened to the story of Hannukah, enjoyed doughnuts and traditional Hebrew music.
What’s on in Magnolia; Faith and Reflection Room
Guided mediation and Christian prayer and bible study meetings take place each week, alongside daily prayer for Muslim staff and students. If you would like to make a booking please contact the team.
For general enquiries, or information about our Faith and Reflection Room, please contact us via email.