Business, management and accountancy
These databases offer industry and country reports, company information, market research, outlooks, forecasts and opinion pieces as well as news, trade publications, analysis and scholarly articles.
- Business Source Complete – Articles, Company Information, Market Research.
Articles from trade publications, business magazines and scholarly journals in accounting, banking, finance, international business, management and marketing. You will also find industry and country economic reports, case studies and SWOT analyses.
- Passport – (Euromonitor International) – Statistics, Market Reports, Company Profiles, Country, Market, Consumer and Lifestyle Profiling.
Passport is a market research database offering global research and analysis on industries, economies, countries and consumers. Watch these short tutorials to learn more about Passport.
- Statista – Market Outlooks & Forecasts, Company Reports & Profiles, Quantitative Data & Statistics.
Statista is a comprehensive statistics platform offering over 1.5 million data sets. Find studies and reports, forecasts and surveys from over 400 industries that you can download in a range of formats. There are video tutorials showing you how to make the most of Statista and a quick guide.
- Fame (Financial Advice Made Easy) – Accounts, Company information and Statistics.
Contains UK and Irish company information and intelligence on over seven million companies. Content includes industry reports, company news, credit scores, corporate structures and original documents such as annual returns and accounts.
- WARC – (World Advertising Research Center) – Case Studies, Reports, Research, Opinion Pieces.
WARC gives you access to thousands of case studies that reveal the campaign strategies of leading brands, consumer sentiment and marketing channels. There are webinars and a marketing toolkit for self-guided learning. For further information please watch this video tutorial.
- Retail Week – News, magazine and data service covering the retail industry.is a news website, magazine and data service covering the retail industry.
Sign up for newsletters and alerts plus receive the Editor’s Choice weekly roundup. You can get more information about how to sign up here and about the features of Retail Week here.
- Tourism Cases – Case studies on the tourism industry.
Written by international practitioners and academics, these case studies share experiences and expertise from the Tourism Industry offering practical, real-life examples in the fields of Leisure, Events and Hospitality.
- International Journal of Emergency Services
IJES serves as a vehicle for the development of scholarship in the management of all emergency services – both universal services such as Fire and Rescue, Police, and Ambulance services, as well as more specialised services such as the Coastguard, Air-Sea or Mountain Rescue.
- Box of Broadcasts – TV and radio service for education.
Box of Broadcasts (BoB) is a service from Learning on Screen, that enables users to record and view TV and radio online, from over 75 free-to-air channels in the UK and search an archive of over 2.2 million broadcasts. The service includes ten foreign language channels. Box of Broadcasts allows you to create clips and playlists to share or embed into presentations.
- Emerald Insight – Scholarly articles
Covers all major management disciplines including marketing, human resources management, information management, quality and operations management.
- SAGE Research Methods
A database which supports research at all levels by providing material to guide users through every step of the research process. From writing your research question and choosing a method, to analysing data, writing up and publishing the findings. Resources include a methods map, books, reference works, journal articles and instructional videos from world-leading academics. With information on the qualitative, quantitative and mixed methods, Sage Research methods is the ideal tool to support you through your researchers in social sciences.
The world’s largest abstract and citation database, containing 24,600 journals from 5,000 publishers. It is excellent for literature reviews or for finding out what has been published in your area as it can locate high quality journal articles, book chapters and more, for any subject.
Newspapers can be a useful way of keeping up to date with current affairs or recent events. Newspaper archives usually contain issues which are less recent and which are useful for finding articles of a more historical interest.
- The Financial Times contains news and analysis about the world of business and finance. The electronic collection goes back to 1999, the latest articles cannot be accessed for 30 days but are listed in search results.
- Gale OneFile: News contains articles from over 2300 newspapers from around the world. These include major British newspapers, as well as US and Australian titles. It also has thousands of images, radio and TV broadcasts and transcripts.
- Lexis+ contains over 650 regional and national UK newspapers from 1982 to the present. It is possible to limit your search to either national or regional titles, or you can search the whole of the newspaper database. Sign in using your EHU credentials, then click content and select Newspapers.
- Times Digital Archive contains every issue of The Times from 1785 to 2019. You can search by keyword or for a particular issue and each story appears as it looks in the original copy of the newspaper.
- Daily Mail Historical Archive 1896-2004 contains news stories and images that capture 20th century culture and society. Offers full page and article images with searchable full text back to the first issue. Useful for historical research.
- ACCA champion opportunity within accountancy and act as a driving force within the accounting profession to constantly improve working practices.
- AdAge is a US-based website offering news, analysis and forecasting on marketing and media. The content includes the Leading National Advertisers Report.
- The Advertising Association promotes the role, rights and responsibilities of advertising and its impact on individuals, society and the economy.
- The Advertising Standards Authority is the UK’s independent regulator of advertising across all media.
- Alliance of Independent Agencies represents independent marketing agencies in the UK.
- Campaign provides news and analysis from expert commentators in the fields of marketing, advertising and media. To use Campaign you need to create an account, using your Edge Hill University email address.
- CIMA aim to advance the entire breadth of the accounting profession – both management and public accounting.
- CIPD is the professional body for HR and people development.
- The CBI is the UK’s leading business organisation, providing a voice for firms at a regional, national and international level to policymakers.
- Federation of Small Businesses aims to support smaller businesses.
- The Public Relations and Communications Association exists to uphold standards in the public relations and communications industry.
- World Bank The World Bank Group is one of the world’s largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries.
- United Nations The United Nations is an international organisation where world’s nations discuss common problems and find shared solutions.
- ICAEW – Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales.
Sage accounting software is available on five PCs on the second floor of Catalyst near the accountancy book stock.View the map to find the locations of all five PCs