Our respect for the privacy and security of your data is of great importance to the Facilities Management department and Edge Hill University. All personal data is held and processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation – GDPR.
This notice specifically relates to personal data processed by the Facilities Management Service Area teams. Please refer to Edge Hill Sport to view their Privacy Notice.
What information do we collect about you?
To be compliant within wider policy and legislation, we collect data from all employees in line with their Employment Contracts. As in Article 5 (1) of the GDPR, all personal data shall be processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to the data subject when you attend our facilities or sign-up for the following:
When you attend our facilities or sign-up for the following:
- Accident or near miss reporting
- Conferences and events
- Eye care vouchers
- Feedback on our services
- Fleet and vehicle hire access
- Halls of residence – residential license agreement, room inventory, damage deposits and logging maintenance jobs
- Hollies accommodation bookings
- Incident reports
- Leases and licenses
- Mystery shopper squad
- Parking permits
- Post and parcels collection
- Unicard – Access Control and UPay
- Sports activities and membership in line with the Sport Privacy Notice
We may collect the following information that you provide in order that we can identify you when you attend the University, and to administer or reply to your requests:
- Your title, name, gender identity, contact details (such as address, telephone number and email), room numbers and any other relevant information we need in order to contact you or identify you
- Emergency contact details in case we need to contact someone on your behalf in the event of an emergency
- Your photograph for Unicards
- Individual or group photographs for marketing and promotional purposes
- Your student number to help identify you
- Your staff number to help identify you
- Driving license details and health conditions which could affect your ability to drive
- Your personal or business bank details for setting up payments for products and services that you receive from us
- Technical and usage data
- Your views on our services to help us improve and to inform you about any important changes
- Information and feedback to evaluate the success of events
- A record of our interactions with you
- Any other information you have provided us with
The information listed above is only available to us, if you have chosen to share it with us.
We will update the data that we hold on you if you provide updated details or change any details.
How do we use the information you provide us?
Under the GDPR, we must meet one of the conditions set out in Article 6 in order to process your data. We use the information we collect only in compliance with this privacy notice.
In most cases, the necessary processing of your data is for statutory and contractual purposes. We may also need to process the sensitive data you provide to us to ensure your safety and wellbeing. Processing could also be necessary to protect the vital interests of the data subject or others. In addition to this, we also need to process some of the data you provide to help us comply with legal obligations.
We will utilise your feedback to improve our services and to evaluate the success of our activities and events to see how to enhance them in the future and we may use photographs and images of individuals and groups for marketing and promotional purposes, but we will always seek your consent in advance.
Who do we share your information with?
We may provide your information to GDPR compliant internal and external providers and stakeholders who render the services to us on your behalf. An example of these are:
- Our contractors to carry out maintenance to facilities and halls of residence
- RIDDOR for work related accidents
- Specsavers for eye care vouchers
- IUMIS who provide the software system for UPay
- Our EHU Finance team when raising invoices and making payments
- Our EHU student services when supporting with wellbeing incidents
- Our EHU IT team for access to electronic services
- Our EHU HR team and Resourcelink / Stonefish systems to record employee and casual staff information
- Online survey and forms providers – Wufoo, Survey Monkey (Momentive)
- Verisae (VX Maintain and VX Field) who provide the software for our Computer Aided Facilities Management (CAFM) system
- Midsec and Lenel software for Unicards and access control
- Solicitors to draw up and review leases and licenses
- Auditors to ensure we meet building, financial and procedures compliance
- Provide IHASCO with staff information to facilitate health and safety training
How long do you keep my information?
We retain personal information that you provide us, for as long as we consider it useful in contacting you about the product and services we provide, or as needed to comply with legal obligations. We remove and delete some information when it is replaced with updated information.
We work to the University Retention Policy, which states how long we will keep your data for. Timescales vary for different data in line with various compliance and regulations.
Is my personal data secure?
We are committed to the security of the information we hold and in ensuring that only people who need to access the information are able to do so. Your information is held securely on the password protected University servers or in secure areas with access restricted to authorised personnel only. We will not sell on your personal data to third parties and we do not permit third parties to sell on the data that we have shared with them.
You have the right to access and be informed of what personal data the University holds about you and what it is used for. To submit a request please refer to the University’s Subject Access Request Form:
You can correct, update or restrict your data at any time by emailing [email protected] or in person at the FM Reception desk in the Durning Centre. Should you request your data to be removed, we may continue to hold some information such as financial records in line with statutory requirements.
We may amend this privacy notice from time to time and any significant changes to this notice or to the way we treat your data will be communicated either via the Edge Hill Website or by contacting you directly through the most appropriate means.
Get in touch
Should you wish to contact anyone regarding your personal data or if you have any concerns about the use or processing of your data, please contact:
Data Protection Office,
Edge Hill University,
St Helens Road,