Summer work in the UK
Summer/seasonal jobs in the North-West
In our area, we are lucky to have many tourist destinations that attract a lot of people. This means there are potentially 100s of jobs that students can do over the summer.
These opportunities can include:
- jobs with the National Trust
- working at Knowsley Safari Park
- jobs in historic properties including Knowsley Hall and Hoghton Towers
- work at Albert Dock in Liverpool
- summer jobs at Liverpool One or the Trafford Centre
- work at Wildlife and Conservation Centres
- jobs at the Echo Arena in Liverpool
- work at Aintree Racecourse
- jobs at football, rugby and other sporting venues
- music venues
- museums local and further afield such as: the Lowry, Salford Quays and the Manchester Museum of Science and Industry
- various hotels and hospitality venues
Remember, students who attend other universities and work, but go home for Easter and during the summer holidays, will also be leaving the jobs they have had in the cities of Liverpool, Manchester and Preston. This means there will be lots of opportunities for students staying in the Merseyside, Lancashire and Greater Manchester areas to find a summer job.
If you want help to find a summer job, you could book a ‘Part-Time Jobs, Placements & Student Opportunity Fund’ appointment, or Ask a Question. We would also advise you to update your CV and have a look at our Part-Time Jobs webpage and the Careers Vacancy Portal.
Summer job in other parts of the UK
Remember that many of the above organisations in the North West also have opportunities in other parts of the UK such as the National Trust or English Heritage. Here are some great websites: