The Postgraduate Certificate in Medical Leadership is a collaborative programme between the Royal College of Physicians and Edge Hill University. It is designed to develop the leadership knowledge and skills of senior registrars and new consultants at a key point in their career, in which they are preparing to take on greater responsibility for leadership within their organisations.
The certificate is a part time, taught programme which can be completed in 12 months, and will be delivered at Edge Hill University in the North West of England.
Hallmarks of the programme
This programme is specifically tailored around the needs of senior trainees and new consultants from all specialties who have an interest in developing their leadership capabilities. Staff Grade and Associate Specialist (SAS) doctors and General Practitioners are also welcome to attend.
In particular, the programme focuses on developing self-awareness as a leader, as well as how to plan, implement and evaluate leadership of organisational change.
Specifically, participants will:
- Use a range of psychometric and other feedback tools to develop insight into themselves as a leader.
- Develop an in depth understanding of different approaches to leadership.
- Learn how to apply leadership skills in the workplace.
- Conduct small scale change projects in order to improve the quality of care.
- Be able to evaluate small scale organisational leadership projects.
- A course that is tailored to the needs of senior registrars and new consultants.
- A postgraduate qualification (PG Certificate) and CPD accredited course.
- A programme developed to prepare participants to make the transition from registrar to consultant, and take a more prominent leadership role within their organisations.
- Current medical leaders teaching on the programme, offering an insight into their personal career paths and leadership experiences.
- A jointly delivered course by the RCP, who play a leading role in educational policy and national and international education and leadership work, and Edge Hill University, an award-winning teaching and learning institution.
- Academic content exclusively tailored towards senior registrars and new consultants, allowing like-minded professionals to network and learn from others’ experiences.
For more information please contact Charlotte Moen.