To help you feel prepared for your BSc (Hons) Sports Therapy studies, we’ve gathered together a range of course related activities including suggested reading, useful websites and some great things to do right now. Open the links below to find out more:
Materials, kit and clothing requirements for your course
You may have an opportunity to purchase programme specific clothing on your arrival at university. Details will be provided during Induction Week. Kit must be worn for the course so, in the meantime, you’ll need to bring:
- a plain t-shirt/polo shirt
- plain shorts or tracksuit bottoms
- a good pair of training/running shoes suitable for indoor and outdoor use. Fashionable footwear is not suitable for practical sessions.
You’re also welcome to bring your own personal playing equipment but all standard teaching and sports materials will be provided.
For sports therapy jobs and opportunities:
For ideas on what else you can do whilst at university:
- If you want to join a sports team at University visit the website here
- Spend the summer as a sports coach in the USA
- Find out more about completing a sandwich year
It is important to keep up to date with what is going on in the sports therapy community. Check out The Society of Sports Therapists website.
Things to do over summer
Before embarking on the Sports Therapy degree programme you are advised to:
- Learn the names of all bones and major muscle groups in the body
- Review The Society of Sports Therapists injury management guidelines
- Listen to Dr Kate William’s Therapy Live talk
- Listen to the BJSM & The Society of Sports Therapists podcast
- Follow @TheSSTofficial on Twitter