To help you feel prepared for your university studies, we’ve gathered together a range of course related activities including suggested reading and some great things to do right now.
The following are some key texts that will help you develop your theoretical understanding of Early Years practice. You are not expected to purchase any of these texts, but you may choose to acquire one or two to begin studying over the summer.
- Palaiologou, I. (ed.) (2021) The early years foundation stage : theory and practice. Fourth edn. Los Angeles: SAGE.
- Davis, G. and Ryder, G. (2016) Leading in early childhood. 1st edn. Los Angeles: SAGE.
- Campbell-Barr, V. and Leeson, C. (2016) Quality and leadership in the early years : research, theory and practice. Los Angeles: SAGE.
- AUBREY C. (2017) Leading and Managing In the Early Years. 3rd ed. London: Sage.
- BRUCE, T. (2015) Early Childhood Education 5th Edition. London: Sage.
- DEPARTMENT FOR EDUCATION (2021) Statutory framework for the early years foundation stage. Setting the standards for learning, development and care for children from birth to five.
- DEPARTMENT FOR EDUCATION (2021) Development Matters in the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
- EARLY YEARS COALITION (2021) Birth to Five Matters.
- GILLETT-SWAN, J. and COPPOCK, V., 2016. Children’s Rights, Educational Research and the UNCRC: Past, Present and Future. 1st ed. Oxford: Symposium Books.
- HENRY-ALLAIN, L. & LLOYD-ROSE, M. (2021) The tiney guide to becoming an inclusive, anti-racist early educator.
Important programme dates
- Ormskirk Programme Start: Tuesday 27 September 2022 2-6pm
- Holy Cross Programme Start: Tuesday 27 September 2022 4-8pm
- Reading Week: Monday 24 October to Friday 28 October 2022
- Christmas: Monday 19 December 2022 – Friday 30 December 2022
- Reading Week: Monday 13 February to Friday 17 February 2023
- Easter: Monday 3 April 2023 to Friday 14 April 2023
- Programme End: Tuesday 9th May 2023