We’re here to create and harness knowledge, to deliver opportunity for everyone.
To inspire minds and change futures
Our mission is to explore the difference knowledge can make in inspiring minds and shaping a better future for our graduates and the lives of others.
We set out to deliver teaching of the highest standard, informed by research of true international standing, set in an intellectually stimulating, ideas-focused and inclusive environment.
From our community to the global community, we will ensure education has a wider reach and a genuinely transformative effect, changing lives and opening the door to greater possibilities for all.
University vision 2025
To provide every encouragement and every opportunity for our students.
Edge Hill University will:
- Provide an outstanding student experience, underpinned by high quality learning and teaching, listen to the ‘student voice’ and further develop our strong sense of community.
- Harness the creativity, knowledge and commitment of our staff to promote our values and enhance our activities.
- Continue to build our research capacity, and further develop our research in cognate fields which have a demonstrable impact on discipline and society.
- Further strengthen our links to employers and the region and enhance student employability and self-employment.
- Selectively establish additional national and international partnerships to enrich university life, deepen understanding, and benefit the region, the UK economy and society.
- Continue our measured investment in the campus and facilities to further enhance what is already an outstanding environment for learning and living.
Our values are the strong thread which connects every commitment we make.
Implicit in our core values is the very real sense that everything we do matters, that as a University, our commitment to our students, our staff and our stakeholders is clear, ethical and unequivocal. Our approach is inclusive, we celebrate diversity and will tirelessly strive to enhance the life opportunities that a good education provides for our students.
The University will aim to be both financially and environmentally sustainable, seeking always to reinvest our resources to enhance: the student experience, our research capacity, our engagement with the public and third sectors, business and the region, and our commitment to our local communities. We will be decisive and focused in all we do, and plan with a realistic ambition founded on our strong progress to date.
The Edge Hill community will:
- embrace challenge and seize opportunity
- expect and celebrate creativity and excellence
- act responsibly and with integrity
- show determination, resilience, ambition and adaptability
- work together to deliver our Vision
Download the Strategic Plan 2021-2025.