How to Find Us
Edge Hill University campus is located in Ormskirk, in the heart of North West England. Most full-time students are based on the Ormskirk Campus.
In addition to programmes delivered in Ormskirk, a number of study centres offer the opportunity to study Edge Hill University courses throughout the North West, Shropshire and further afield. Follow the links above for directions to all these sites and the main Ormskirk Campus.
Leave M6 at junction 26 and join M58.
Leave M58 at junction 3, taking the A570 towards Southport and Ormskirk.
You should see signs for ‘Edge Hill University’ when you leave the motorway. From junction 3 the journey is 2.8 miles and takes approximately 5 minutes.
The campus can also be reached from Preston or Liverpool via the A59.
If using an online route planner or sat nav, please note that the university postcode is L39 4QP. Please check that the route provided arrives via the main entrance in St Helens Road. Alternatively enter lat/long co-ordinates 53.558622,-2.875178.
- Via Liverpool: Change at Liverpool Lime Street to Merseyrail Northern Line for Ormskirk Station. You can join the Northern Line at Liverpool Central or Moorfields. These stations can be reached from Liverpool Lime Street via underground /metro Wirral Line, or on foot.
- Via Preston: from Preston Station take train to Ormskirk.
From Ormskirk Station you can get to the Campus in a variety of ways:
- Bus: From Ormskirk train station take the pedestrian walkway to Ormskirk bus station and connect with the Edge Link bus for a direct route to campus.
- Walk: Turn right from the station and walk up the road you are on, Station Approach. At the top turn left, then first right. Walk along Stanley Street and Knowsley Road, across two junctions, until you reach the main St Helens Road. Turn left and continue until you reach the Campus. This will take around 20 minutes: Map
- Taxi: There are 24-hour taxi services opposite the station entrance.
Bus service EL1 runs at 20 minute intervals from Ormskirk bus station to Edge Hill and back throughout the day. No service on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
- Detailed Timetable
- Printable Timetable [PDF]
- Journeys planned using Traveline can include the EL1 bus.
Please be aware from Friday 9th October 2020 the Edge Link bus service will only be accepting passengers with a valid Edge Hill University ID card, this is until further notice. Passengers without an ID will not be able to pay to use the service.
Users are expected to wear a face covering on-board in line with government requirements for public transport. Social distancing on the bus is also encouraged, with one person per two seats and avoiding sitting directly in front of or behind another passenger.
The service is now run by Stagecoach. You should be able to track the bus using the Stagecoach app, which can be downloaded from the Stagecoach website.
More Travel Options
Please visit the University’s Travel Pages for more travel options and advice, including information relating to:
- Journey Planning
- Bus Travel
- Car Sharing
- Car Parking