Want to support people and their families? At Edge Hill, prepare for life as a social worker with courses delivered alongside the Cheshire & Merseyside Social Work Teaching Partnership.
Learn from a team of qualified and registered social workers and approved mental health practitioners. Listen to guest speakers who are practitioners, service users and carers, senior managers and policy makers. Once you finish the course, you’ll feel ready for the role and be eligible to apply for registration with Social Work England.
Want to support people and their families? As a social worker, it will be your challenge to promote wellbeing in diverse communities and help individuals with complex needs. At Edge Hill, you’ll learn on placements within local authorities, including Liverpool City Council, and organisations such as Sefton Advocacy (support for vulnerable adults) and CGL (Change, Grow, Live) Alcohol and Drugs Services.
We deliver all our social work programmes alongside our partners in the Cheshire & Merseyside Social Work Teaching Partnership. This helps us keep our students up to date with current practice. You’ll be taught by a team of qualified and registered social workers, including approved mental health practitioners. They’ll share their own experiences and pass on expertise about interventions, perspectives and settings.
To prepare you for life as a social worker, we also bring in expert practitioners, service users and carers, senior managers and policy makers. Once you finish the course, you’ll feel ready for the role and be eligible to apply for registration with Social Work England. Our graduates work with children, adults and their communities within local authorities and charities.
- We offer a range of practice placements – past students have worked in child and adult services within local authorities, including Lancashire County Council, and organisations such as The Big Issue and Sahir House (HIV support, prevention and training). 100% of our graduates are in employment or further study 15 months after graduating (Graduate Outcomes 2018/19).
- Understand the world of social work with guest lectures from a range of professions including policy makers and carers, as well as service users who will share their own unique experiences with you.
- All our Social Work programmes are delivered alongside our partners in the Cheshire & Merseyside Social Work Teaching Partnership. This partnership includes four local education providers and a number of local authorities including Liverpool City Council.
|Course Name||Qualification||UCAS Code|
|Adult Nursing & Social Work||MNSW (Hons)||BL75|
|Children’s Nursing & Social Work||MNSW (Hons)||BL73|
|Learning Disabilities Nursing & Social Work||MNSW (Hons)||BL57|
|Mental Health Nursing & Social Work||MNSW (Hons)||BL65|
|Social Work||BA (Hons)||L500|
Social Work Latest
- Policy and Procedure vs Discretion in Social Work – Dr Ciarán Murphy
- The Cheshire and Merseyside Social Work Teaching Partnership – Q&A with Emma Rimmer
- Career Enhancing Opportunities and Real World Experience – Social Work
Social Work in the News
- Study to investigate worrying rise in vulnerable children remaining at home despite increase in care orders
The Faculty of Health, Social Care and Medicine is one of the leading providers of education and training for health and social care professionals in the North West of England.
Offering some of the best facilities for health, social care and medicine students in the country, the outstanding teaching and learning resources include leading edge clinical skills facilities, an 860-seat lecture theatre, and a variety of teaching rooms and social learning spaces.
Faculty of Health, Social Care and Medicine 360 Virtual Tour
Clinical Skills and Simulation Centre 360 Virtual Tour
Open Days and Virtual Events
Alternatively, our virtual open day pages offer the chance to discover everything that Edge Hill University has to offer and find out more about any subjects of interest, including social work, through a series of online activities.View our virtual open day pages