Our 3-year accredited degrees in Nursing combine extensive practice opportunities with collaborative learning informed by service users, carers and their families.
We will equip you with the professional values and field-specific competencies required to achieve national outcomes and become a professionally qualified nurse. You can specialise in adult nursing, children’s nursing, learning disability nursing or mental health nursing.
Alternatively, you may wish to gain professional accreditation in two fields of nursing on a 4-year integrated Masters degree or achieve dual registration as both a professionally qualified nurse and registered social worker, or as a professionally qualified adult nurse and paramedic. We also offer a foundation degree that enables you to train to join the nursing team as a qualified nursing associate.
Nursing in the News
- New Nurse Paramedic integrated Masters degree at Edge Hill is first of its kind in UK
- Action by Edge Hill University helps NHS sanitise and test surgical masks
- Patient Safety Innovation Award for researchers
- Resource to make hospital visits better for children is endorsed by RCN
- Nursing chief welcomes students to receive £5,000 per year more funding
- ‘Most caring’ A&E nurse graduates with three special awards
EHU Insight on The Conversation
- Forcefully holding children for health procedures causes avoidable stress
- Why you shouldn’t take antibiotics for colds and flu
- Fashioning identity for burns survivors
- Poor posture in people with disabilities can be fatal
- How caring for a child with complex health needs can be both isolating and extraordinary
- Stressed out: the psychological effects of tests on primary school children
Service User and Carer Council
- MSci Nursing
- BSc (Hons) Nursing (Adult)
- BSc (Hons) Nursing (Child)
- BSc (Hons) Nursing (Learning Disabilities)
- BSc (Hons) Nursing (Mental Health)
Nursing and Paramedic Practice
Nursing and Social Work
- MNSW Adult Nursing and Social Work
- MNSW Children’s Nursing and Social Work
- MNSW Learning Disabilities Nursing and Social Work
- MNSW Mental Health Nursing and Social Work
Edge Hill University is a leading provider in the UK for professional development for those working, or seeking to work, in health and social care. Further information and course listings are available at www.edgehill.ac.uk/pd.
Our innovative Faculty of Health, Social Care and Medicine building provides some of the best teaching and learning resources in the country for Nursing and Midwifery students.
The clinical skills facilities include ward simulations and operating theatres with industry standard equipment, as well as robot-style mannequins that can simulate a wide range of symptoms, from pregnancy to a temperature, to ensure your learning experience is as realistic as possible.
Edge Hill University has excellent relationships with NHS hospital and community trusts, enabling us to offer practice-based learning opportunities in a variety of care contexts, with placements at more than 600 locations across Merseyside, Cheshire and Lancashire.
Faculty of Health, Social Care and Medicine 360 Virtual Tour
Clinical Skills and Simulation Centre 360 Virtual Tour
Open Days and Virtual Events
If you are considering studying at Edge Hill University, the best way we usually recommend to gain an insight into the student experience is to see our stunning campus for yourself by attending an open day.
Our August 2020 open day is going virtual. We will ensure that you can still discover everything that Edge Hill University has to offer and get answers to all of your questions. You will be able to find out more about nursing and the University through a series of online activities.
We are continuing to take bookings for subsequent open days while monitoring government advice regarding events. We will communicate all key information to anyone who books to attend.Book your place at an open day or virtual open day