Start your journey into nursing with training from one of the leading providers in the North West. Here you can take advantage of top facilities, including our new Clinical Skills and Simulation Centre, home to human patient simulators which can imitate a range of symptoms.
Pick from four specialist pathways – adult, child, learning disabilities, and mental health. Whichever one you choose, your degree will be accredited by the Nursing and Midwifery Council and half of your time will be spent in practice in hospitals and community settings. Thanks to our connections, we offer a range of placement locations in the NHS and private sector.
Nursing is hands-on – and so are our courses. Half of your time will be spent at hospitals and community settings to develop your nursing proficiencies. Not only will you care for patients, you’ll learn to support carers and their families too. Because of our well-established links to the NHS and private sector, we’re able to offer a range of placement locations across Merseyside, Cheshire and Lancashire.
But there’s no room for mistakes in clinical practice. That’s why we’ve developed a new Clinical Skills and Simulation Centre. Here you’ll learn what it is like in the real world of nursing as well as practise on patient simulators. They’re capable of displaying a range of conditions, including sepsis, and represent ages from infant to adult.
Pick from four specialist nursing pathways accredited by the Nursing and Midwifery Council – adult, child, learning disabilities, and mental health. By the end of the course, you’ll have the knowledge and skills to plan and deliver care in a safe, compassionate and effective way.
- Kickstart your career as soon as you graduate. You’ll be eligible to register as a qualified nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Council in your chosen field of nursing.
- Benefit from our links to NHS hospitals and community trusts and with healthcare providers in the private and voluntary sector. Our network gives you the chance to learn across a variety of health care settings across the region.
- Improve your technical knowledge, ability to give a quick diagnosis and teamwork skills with our patient simulators. They’re capable of showing conditions such as sepsis and represent a range of ages from infant to adult.
|Course Name||Qualification||UCAS Code|
|Adult Nursing & Social Work||MNSW||BL75|
|Children’s Nursing & Social Work||MNSW||BL73|
|Learning Disabilities Nursing & Social Work||MNSW||BL57|
|Mental Health Nursing & Social Work||MNSW||BL65|
|Nurse Paramedic (Adult)||MSci||B795|
|Nursing (Adult)||BSc (Hons)||B740|
|Nursing (Child)||BSc (Hons)||B730|
|Nursing (Learning Disabilities)||BSc (Hons)||B761|
|Nursing (Mental Health)||BSc (Hons)||B760|
Nursing in the News
- Edge Hill student nurse returns to hospital she was treated for leukaemia
- New Nurse Paramedic integrated Masters degree at Edge Hill is first of its kind in UK
- Action by Edge Hill University helps NHS sanitise and test surgical masks
- Patient Safety Innovation Award for researchers
- Resource to make hospital visits better for children is endorsed by RCN
- Nursing chief welcomes students to receive £5,000 per year more funding
- ‘Most caring’ A&E nurse graduates with three special awards
EHU Insight on The Conversation
- Forcefully holding children for health procedures causes avoidable stress
- Why you shouldn’t take antibiotics for colds and flu
- Fashioning identity for burns survivors
- Poor posture in people with disabilities can be fatal
- How caring for a child with complex health needs can be both isolating and extraordinary
- Stressed out: the psychological effects of tests on primary school children
Service User and Carer Council
- EHU Podcast: NHS Service Users – Allen’s story
- EHU Podcast: NHS Service Users – Chris’ story
- EHU Podcast: NHS Service Users – George’s story
- EHU Podcast: NHS Service Users – Lily’s story
- EHU Podcast: NHS Service Users – Saad’s story
Our innovative Faculty of Health, Social Care and Medicine building provides some of the best teaching and learning resources in the country for Nursing and Midwifery students.
The clinical skills facilities include ward simulations and operating theatres with industry standard equipment, as well as robot-style mannequins that can simulate a wide range of symptoms, from pregnancy to a temperature, to ensure your learning experience is as realistic as possible.
Edge Hill University has excellent relationships with NHS hospital and community trusts, enabling us to offer practice-based learning opportunities in a variety of care contexts, with placements at more than 600 locations across Merseyside, Cheshire and Lancashire.
Faculty of Health, Social Care and Medicine 360 Virtual Tour
Clinical Skills and Simulation Centre 360 Virtual Tour
Open Days and Virtual Events
Our virtual open day pages offer the chance to discover everything that Edge Hill University has to offer and find out more about any subjects of interest, including nursing, through a series of online activities.
You can view exclusive video content, including pre-recorded presentations about the University and our courses, take a virtual tour of the campus, and find out more about student life, accommodation and student support.