Our Film and Television degrees enable you to create and produce, or examine and analyse, film and television.
You can gain practical experience writing, shooting and editing your own unique productions in our TV studios.
You may wish to develop expertise in a range of production techniques and explore the organisation side of television, combine filmmaking and storytelling skills with a deep love and understanding of 100+ years of film, or examine the transformation in media production.
Film and Television in the News
- Commercial success for film student at cutting-edge audio visual and graphic design house
- Life through a lens for aspiring cameraman Matthew
EHU Insight on The Conversation
- Confederate and Black America: why clashes at Charlottesville show Civil War alt-histories are more than just fantasy
- Cannes gets an added dose of drama as Netflix makes its festival debut
- Fears for blue tang fish spike in the wake of Finding Dory
- Les bestioles des dessins animés ne sont pas des animaux de compagnie!
- Stop portraying wild animals as cuddly companions (and potential pets)
The Lonely Arts Club Podcast
Film and Television students benefit from high-definition television studios with broadcast capacity and full production capabilities.
The facilities include camera channels that can be operated via either a studio configuration or hand-held setup, as well as production galleries and control rooms with reference lighting.
There is a fully independent talk back system to all studio areas, while a Media Asset Management system ensures a seamless tapeless workflow and provides network storage for your work.
Based in the £17million Creative Edge, you can expect to use industry standard equipment such as vision mixers, sound mixing consoles, a chroma key infinity wall, and fully populated motorised lighting rigs. Media editing booths are also available.
Creative Edge 360 Virtual Tour
Open Days and Virtual Events
Our November 2020 open day is going virtual. We will ensure that you can still discover everything that Edge Hill University has to offer and get answers to all of your questions. You will be able to find out more about film and television and the University through a series of online activities.
If you would like to see our stunning campus for yourself, private campus tours, led by a student guide, are also available on a variety of dates. Pre-booking is essential.Book your place at our virtual open day