Are you an undergraduate, taught postgraduate, PGCE or MRes student?
Did you know that you can apply for up to £2,000 to support an idea for a career-enhancing project, initiative or activity?
Our Student Opportunity Fund has, to date, supported numerous students.
And …. in addition to having unforgettable experiences, they’ve gained valuable skills that will help them stand out in a competitive employment market.
From financial support for staging performances in professional venues and showcasing creative work to future employers to presenting at conferences – here are just a few stories of how our students have benefited:
- Law student Tonika Stephenson volunteered to work alongside law professionals to help people affected by the Windrush scandal, her award funded travel costs to interview people across the country
- Television and Production Management student Elizabeth Perkins, funded her travel and accommodation in London to complete a placement with Hat Trick Productions, home of Have I Got News For You, Derry Girls and Dinner Date.
- 15 final year Sport students spent a week at Montclair State University to enhance their knowledge and boost their employability
- While studying Law with Politics, Thomas de Freitas was selected to attend a global conference for future leaders. Thomas joined 99 delegates, from 75 different countries, at the Young Diplomats Forum
- Edge Hill’s resident dance company 3rd Edge used the funding to travel to New York to perform at the US launch of the Oxford Handbook of Dance and Wellbeing.
What are you waiting for?
For further information, to check out what’s eligible and to find out how you can apply visit the Student Opportunity Fund webpage.
A bit of advice – please speak to our Careers team before completing and submitting an application, as they can advise you on the application process and how it aligns with your career development.