Spaces for Exploration: The Arts Centre
A student performance practitioner needs quality rehearsal and performance spaces. Edge Hill University has invested in excellent performance environments and the department is now one of the best equipped in the sector.
The Arts Centre includes:
- The Rose Theatre (a 220 seat theatre) – (sprung floor for dance)
- The Studio Theatre (170 capacity) – this is a fully equipped Aerial Performance space (sprung floor for dance)
- Two dance studios and two further studios with fully sprung floors for both Dance and Physical Theatre
- Two black box drama studios
- Five rehearsal rooms
- A fully equipped theatre construction workshop
- A digital sound studio
- Digital design suite
- Three theatre design studios and costume construction area
- A music technology room
- A recital room
- Two music practice studios / teaching spaces (one with recording studio / control)
The Rose Theatre has its own cafe bar, exhibition space and art foyer. Facilities also include an outdoor performance area. The Rose has a full professional dance, comedy, music and theatre programme, available to the local community, as well as staff and students.