If you receive a place in our on-campus halls of residence, there are a few things you need to take care of before you can move onto campus in September.
- Confirming your room
- Making payments
- Moving in
- Packing list
- Meet your future flatmates
- Accommodation checklist
- Any questions
Confirming Your Room
If you are successful in securing a room in halls, you will receive an email from the Accommodation Team to confirm your room allocation and provide you with your Licence Agreement.
You must e-sign your Licence Agreement by the date that is set out in the email that the Accommodation Team has sent you.
If you change your mind and decide that you no longer want to accept our room offer, it is important that you notify email@example.com so we can offer your room to another student.
You will be asked in August to pay your deposit and to organise your accommodation payments using a debit or credit card. Accommodation will email you closer to the time with information about this.
You will be invited to move into halls on Saturday 26 September or Sunday 27 September, specific details relating to what date and time you will need to arrive will be sent to you nearer the time.
Use our packing list below to make sure you arrive prepared to start your life at university:
Documents to bring with you:
Please bring proof of Identification (passport, driver’s licence) in case these are required during the moving in process.
It may also be helpful to bring your:
- National Insurance card
- Bank details
- Contents insurance documents for your room. Check your parent’s policy as it may include your room, if not arrange cover in advance
- CV and references – so that you are ready to apply for a job.
- Toilet roll
- Laundry bag
- Photos or things that remind you of home
- Paper and pens
Things for your room:
- Duvet and pillows
- Sheets, pillowcases and duvet cover
- Any extra throws, rugs or cushions you’d like
Things for the kitchen:
- Cooking utensils
- Recipe books
- Mugs, tea bags, coffee, milk, sugar
- Bottle/tin opener
- Tea towels and dish cloths
- Saucepans – if you’re staying in Palatine Court, Chancellors South, Chancellors Court, Graduates Court, Founders East, Founders West or Main Halls (en-suite), you will need Induction style saucepans
Don’t forget to bring:
- Mobile phone and charger
- Laptop and charger
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- White tack for posters or photos
- Sweets and biscuits – good ice breakers for your new house mates!
- Playing cards – great for games on your first night
- USB drives
- Coat hangers
- Desktop mirror
- Storage boxes
- TV Licence – visit tvlicencing.co.uk
- Washing liquids or tablets (not powder)
- Extension cable
What NOT to bring:
- Pets – with the exception of assistance dogs that have been agreed in advance
- Candles – you cannot burn candles or incense in your room
- Your car – unless you have special circumstances and it has been agreed in advance that you will be able to get a permit
- Electricals – mini fridges, grill, kettle, BBQ, large televisions
- Furniture – your room will be furnished with a bed, desk, chair, and wardrobe
Meet Your Future Flatmates
Halls Facebook groups:
- Chancellors Court (for students living in Binns, Blake, Booth, Boyce, Lord, Meadon, Williams, Wilson, Tomkins, Pinfold, Byron, Fulton and Bradshaw)
- Chancellors Court South (for students living in Aitken, Millins, Jenkins, Laverty and Welch)
- Founders Court East (for students living in Feuchsel, Fennemore, Holt and Dewhurst)
- Founders Court West (for students living in Balfour, Smith, Sinclair, Sarah Yelf, Matheson, Crosfield, McDiarmid)
- Back Halls (for students living in Lady Openshaw, Katherine Fletcher, EM Butterworth, Margaret Bain and Eleanor Rathbone)
- Main Halls East Wing (self-catered and en-suite, for students living in Clough and Stanley)
- Main Halls West Wing (catered and shared bathroom, John Dalton and Lady Margaret)
- Palatine Court (for students living in Carrington, Pankhurst, Roscoe, Glazebrook, Lowry, Peel and Wilkinson)
- Forest Court (for students living in Ash, Beech, Cedar, Holly, Elm, Larch, Maple, Oak, Rowan and Willow)
- Graduates Court (for students living in Annakin, Maconie, Ainsworth, Normanton and Pryce)
- Woodland Court and Senior Students Group
Please check that you have done the following:
- E-sign your Licence Agreement (room contract) after receiving your room offer
- Pay your £150 deposit to secure your room and make arrangements to set up a payment arrangement for your accommodation when you are contacted to do so over the summer
- Follow the Campus Life team on Facebook and Instagram to find out what is happening on campus
- Check out our packing list above
If you have any queries, email firstname.lastname@example.org.