If you receive a place in our on-campus halls of residence, there are a few things you need to take care of before you can move onto campus on Sunday 15th September. Use the tabs below to find out what you need to do:
- Confirming your room
- Making payments
- Accommodation packs
- Packing list
- Gym membership trial
- Meet your future flatmates
- Accommodation checklist
- Any questions?
Confirming your room
If you are successful in securing a room in halls, you will receive an email from the Accommodation Team to confirm your room allocation and provide you with your Licence Agreement from Thursday 15th August.
You must e-sign your Licence Agreement (view an example of the standard licence agreement for 2019-20) within five working days to confirm your room. You will also need to pay your £150 deposit in full to secure your room and make arrangements to pay for your accommodation within five working days of e-signing your Licence Agreement.
If you change your mind and decide that you no longer want to accept our room offer, it is important that you notify CatalystEnquiries@edgehill.ac.uk so we can offer your room to another student.
To pay your deposit in full, and to organise your accommodation payments using a debit or credit card visit payments.edgehill.ac.uk/payhallfees. You can pay in one of two ways:
- In full, with a 5% discount if paid within the speciﬁed time as detailed in your licence agreement (5% discount is refunded 10 working days after full payment is made)
- In three equal instalments by recurring card payments on Wednesday 2nd October 2019, Tuesday 7th January 2020 and Tuesday 28th April 2020.
Most students pay in three equal instalments as it coincides with student loan payments.
If you are living on-campus then you can take advantage of our range of accommodation packs which the university offers as a not-for-profit service. The range of items include; bedding sets, towels, utensils and crockery. Please be aware that INDUCTION STYLE SAUCEPANS are provided for students living in Palatine Court, Chancellors South, Chancellors Court, Graduates Court and Founders Court.
Visit the online store to view the packs and make your order. Any items you order will be delivered directly to your room prior to your arrival, at no extra cost.
Use our packing list below to make sure you arrive prepared to start your life at university:
Documents to bring with you:
Please bring proof of Identification (passport, driver’s licence) in case these are required during the moving in process.
It may also be helpful to bring your:
- National Insurance card
- Bank details
- Contents insurance documents for your room. Check your parent’s policy as it may include your room, if not arrange cover in advance
- CV and references – so that you are ready to apply for a job.
- Toilet roll
- Laundry bag
- Photos or things that remind you of home
- Paper and pens
Things for your room:
Things for the kitchen:
- Cutlery (this is available to buy on our online store)
- Crockery (this is available to buy on our online store)
- Cooking utensils (these are available to buy on our online store)
- Recipe books
- Mugs, tea bags, coffee, milk, sugar
- Bottle/tin opener
- Tea towels and dish cloths
- Saucepans – please note that INDUCTION STYLE SAUCEPANS are provided for students living in Palatine Court, Chancellors South, Chancellors Court, Graduates Court and Founders Court.
Don’t forget to bring:
- Mobile phone and charger
- Laptop and charger
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- White tack for posters or photos
- Sweets and biscuits – good ice breakers for your new house mates!
- Playing cards – great for games on your first night
- DVDs – invite your flatmates to watch a movie
- USB drives
- Coat hangers
- Desktop mirror
- Storage boxes
- TV Licence – visit tvlicencing.co.uk
- Washing liquids or tablets (not powder)
- Extension cable
What NOT to bring:
- Pets – with the exception of assisted dogs that have been agreed in advance
- Candles – you cannot burn candles or incense in your room
- Your car – unless you have special circumstances and it has been agreed in advance that you will be able to get a permit
- Electricals – mini fridges, grill, kettle, BBQ, large televisions
- Furniture – your room will be furnished with a bed, desk, chair, and wardrobe
Gym membership trial
We offer new students access to a 4 week free trial of Edge Hill Sport, which includes access to the ﬁtness suite, exercise classes and swimming pool. We also provide the option of a discount for a paid membership after the trial, including 50% off any annual student membership.
Meet your future flatmates
- Chancellors Court Group 1 (for students living in Binns, Blake, Booth, Boyce, Lord, Meadon and Williams)
- Chancellors Court Group 2 (for students living in Wilson, Tomkins, Pinfold, Byron, Fulton and Bradshaw)
- Chancellors Court South (for students living in Aitken, Millins, Jenkins, Laverty and Welch)
- Founders Court East (for students living in Feuchsel, Fennemore, Holt and Dewhurst)
- Founders Court West (for students living in Balfour, Smith, Sinclair, Sarah Yelf, Matheson, Crosfield, McDiarmid)
- Back Halls (for students living in Lady Openshaw, Katherine Fletcher, EM Butterworth, Margaret Bain and Eleanor Rathbone)
- Main Halls (for students living in Clough, Stanley, John Dalton and Lady Margaret)
- Palatine Court (for students living in Carrington, Pankhurst, Roscoe, Glazebrook, Lowry, Peel and Wilkinson)
- Forest Court (for students living in Ash, Beech, Cedar, Holly, Elm, Larch, Maple, Oak, Rowan and Willow)
- Graduates Court (for students living in Annakin, Maconie, Ainsworth, Normanton and Pryce)
- Woodland Court and Senior Students Group
Please check that you have done the following:
- E-sign your Licence Agreement (room contract) within ﬁve working days of receiving your room offer
- Pay your £150 deposit to secure your room and make arrangements to pay for your accommodation within ﬁve working days of e-signing your Licence Agreement.
- Follow the Campus Life team on Facebook and Instagram to find out what is happening on campus
- Check out our packing list.
If you have any queries, email CatalystEnquiries@edgehill.ac.uk or call 01695 657555.