Chaplaincy service – pastoral and faith support
The Chaplaincy service is here to support Edge Hill University students and staff of all faiths and none, helping to create a welcoming community on campus.
- an understanding ear and a friendly face
- pastoral guidance, support and encouragement
- somebody to talk to, free from judgement or pressure
- a chance to talk about everyday issues or life’s bigger questions
- bereavement support
- prayer, if you request it
- support in your faith, or the opportunity to explore something new
- signposting to other sources of help
- links to local faith communities
We respect the beliefs of others and actively encourage discussion, exploration, and understanding of different faiths, practices, backgrounds, and cultural traditions. Edge Hill University chaplains are not here to try to persuade you to join a particular faith, or to convert you to a different religion.
Tom is available on campus every Thursday afternoon term-time but all of our Chaplains can be available on an ad hoc basis. Please email us with your availability to book an appointment. Pre-scheduled appointments can also be found and booked via E2S.Book an appointment Meet the team View our proselytising policy
Want to just talk and no Edge Hill University chaplain available? The Samaritans are available around the clock, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, and can be contacted for free.
Feeling really low? HOPELineUK is a confidential support and advice service for young people under the age of 35 who may be having thoughts of suicide. Opening hours are 10am – 10pm weekdays, 2pm – 10pm weekends, and 2pm – 5pm Bank Holidays.