Specific entry requirements may differ for each programme, but the information detailed below provides general requirements and some guidance. More information on specific courses can be found in the course catalogue. Each application is assessed on its own merit.
English Language requirements for individual courses may vary but the minimum requirements can be found here.
International Foundation Programme
Students whose qualifications do not meet our general entrance or course requirements may need to take an International Foundation Programme to qualify for entry to an undergraduate degree programme.
Acceptable qualifications are:
- Higher Secondary School Certificates
- 65% or higher in all subjects within Indian School Certificate (ISC) /Intermediate Certificate / Higher School Certificate / Higher Secondary Certificate / All India Senior School Certificate / Pre-University course – awarded on completion of Standard XII (may be eligible for undergraduate study if awarded by the Metro Boards)
- Successful completion of Edge Hill IFP. The University also accepts students from a number of foundation courses offered elsewhere
- Applicants with College Diplomas may qualify for entry to the 2nd year of our undergraduate degrees. Each application will be considered individually to assess the areas of study covered and the grades obtained
Students who wish to transfer to the 2nd year of an undergraduate degree at Edge Hill University should provide:
- 1 copy of High School Certificate
- 1 copy of College or University transcript covering Semester 1 and 2
We are happy to accept students who have completed the IB qualification. We will use UCAS Tariff scores to assess a student’s suitability. Subject-specific requirements at Higher Level (HL) Grade 5 may apply. For clarity of entry requirements for the course you’re interested in, please contact the International Office.
All applicants are required to have completed a Bachelor degree with a minimum result of 50% and above:
- Bachelor degree in professional subjects (awarded from a central university, recognised state university or a centre of advanced studies)
- Bachelor of Arts or Science (Honours) awarded from a central university or a recognised state university
- Bachelor of Education (4 year integrated programme)
- Bachelor of Engineering / of Technology ( awarded from an institute of national importance, centre of advanced study, or an Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) or the Indian Institute of Science)
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB) from a law college approved by the India Bar Council
- Bachelor of Science (Engineering) / Engineering / Technology when awarded from a central university, a recognised state university, or a regional Engineering college
- Indian Institute of Engineers examinations A and B
Representatives in India
Santa Monica Study Abroad
When we’re in India
No current dates are available, but check back soon.
For further information please contact:
- Dan Flanagan, Regional Manager: [email protected]
Contact Laura Soothill, your Regional Manager for any specific country enquiries, programme information or details of tuition fees and scholarships.
+44 (0)1695 65 7122