|Level||2023 / 2024 Tuition Fee|
|Pre-Sessional English Language (5 – 20 weeks full-time) |
If you subsequently progress to a full-time undergraduate degree, full-time integrated Master’s degree, or full-time taught postgraduate course at Edge Hill University, a cost equivalent to the tuition fee for the five-week Pre-Sessional English course will be discounted from the tuition fee for Year 1 of the target award.
All students who successfully complete Pre-Sessional English will be eligible for the same discount amount from the tuition fee for Year 1 of the target award, regardless of whether you studied the 5-week, 10-week, or 20-week Pre-Sessional English course. This will be a discount of £1,750 for progression to an eligible course in academic year 2023/24.
|5 week programme: £1,750|
10 week programme: £3,500
20 week programme: £6,990
|International Foundation Programme||£13,500|
*1 year programme only – please see individual course page for 2-year programmes.
We have a range of competitive International scholarships packages to help with the cost of studying in the UK. Please note that you can only be in receipt of one scholarship at anyone time.
You can view accommodation options and prices detailed.
Tuition fee deposit
For students requiring a Student Visa a 50% tuition fee deposit is required before a Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS) can be issued.
If you are classed as an overseas student for fees but do not require a Student Visa, a 50% tuition fees deposit is required prior to enrolment.
You will then have two options available to pay the remaining tuition fees:
- You can pay your remaining fees before you enrol at the University
- You pay your remaining fees in two equal instalments:
If you start your course in September the first payment is due by 31st October and the second instalment is due by 10th January.
If you start your course in January the first payment is due by 28th February and the second payment is due by 10th May.
Tuition fee classification
Tuition fees for study abroad students
If you are currently studying at an overseas institution and you are interested in studying at Edge Hill University as part of your degree programme for either a single semester or full year please contact your study abroad Office for information on our inclusive fee packages. Alternatively you can email our Study Abroad Coordinator [email protected]
Tuition fee policy statement
You can view the tuition fee policy statement
Edge Hill University has a competitive range of international scholarships. All full-time, overseas fee paying students will be automatically considered for the award of a scholarship when applying for a programme of studies.
International foundation scholarship
This scholarship is worth £3,000 towards the tuition fees of the international foundation programme and will be awarded based on academic merit. Successful students will be notified on their offer letter, with the award being made at the universities discretion.
All students who progress successfully from the international foundation programme onto a full undergraduate degree will receive a £3,000 scholarship towards the first year of their undergraduate tuition fees. Successful students will be notified on their offer letter, with the award being made at the discretion of the University.
Undergraduate development scholarship
This scholarship is for students starting an Undergraduate (Bachelor’s) degree and is worth up to £3,000 towards the first year tuition fees. Successful students will be notified on their offer letter, with the award being made at the discretion of the University.
Postgraduate excellence scholarship
This scholarship is worth £3,000 towards the tuition fees of a postgraduate, MBA or MRes programme and will be awarded based on academic merit. Successful students will be notified on their offer letter, with the award being made at the discretion of the University.
Postgraduate excellence scholarship (returning EHU students)
Successful candidates will receive scholarships totalling £4,000 (£3,000 postgraduate excellence scholarship plus a £1,000 fee reduction as a return Edge Hill University student). Successful students will be notified on their offer letter, with the award being made at the discretion of the University.
Edge Hill University GREAT Scholarships 2023
India and Nigeria
The GREAT Scholarships 2023 programme, launched by the British Council together with 49 UK universities, supports postgraduate students from Bangladesh, China, Egypt, Ghana, Kenya, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Thailand, Turkey and Vietnam to access world-class UK higher education opportunities.
The scholarship programme offers financial support of a minimum of £10,000 to students pursuing one-year postgraduate study in the UK.
In partnership with the British Council and the GREAT Britain Campaign, Edge Hill University is offering two scholarships, one for India and one for Nigeria, to students applying for one-year, full time postgraduate courses. Edge Hill University is also committed to increasing the scholarship to cover the full tuition fees of the chosen programme of study for the successful scholarship recipients.
Interested applicants will need to apply through the Study UK webpages from October 2022. However, we strongly advise to submit an application to Edge Hill University no later than April 2023 so there is no delay with your student journey should you be successful in your scholarship application.
Successful candidates will be contacted by British Council regarding the outcome of the scholarship application process in June 2023 and Edge Hill University will be in touch from July 2023 once we have been notified.
Please note that applicants should be passport holders of India or Nigeria.
To consider if you are eligible for this scholarship, we have provided an overview of what a GREAT scholar profile would look like:
- be a citizen of a GREAT target country (India or Nigeria).
- have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university.
- be motivated and academically able to follow and benefit from a UK postgraduate taught course.
- be active in the field with work experience or with a proven interest in the proposed subject area.
- meet the English language requirement of the UK HEI.
- we willing to embody the UK higher education experience, by attending lectures and tutorials and engaging with extra-curricular activities, and act as an ambassador for UK higher education, by promoting the value of studying at a UK HEI.
- be willing to establish an engagement with the UK as a scholar, through personal and academic fulfilment.
- represent the high standards of the GREAT brand by becoming an advocate for scholarships.
- be willing to attend a networking event of all UK-based GREAT scholars, to discuss experiences and capture perceptions of studying in the UK.
- be willing to demonstrate future contribution to capacity-building and socio-economic advancement through the benefits achieved after graduating from UK higher education.
- be willing to maintain contact with the British Council and act as an ambassador for the GREAT Scholarships, by sharing experiences of studying in the UK with future GREAT scholars.
- as an alumnus of the GREAT Scholarships, willing occasionally to speak to potential candidates about his or her own experience of studying in the UK.
For more information on the GREAT Scholarships 2023, please visit Study UK.
Successful candidates will receive £3,000 discounted from their fees. Successful students will be notified on their offer letter, with the award being made at the discretion of the University.
PhD scholarship (returning EHU students)
Successful candidates will receive scholarships totalling £4,000 (£3,000 PhD scholarship plus a £1,000 fee reduction as a return Edge Hill University student). Successful students will be notified on their offer letter, with the award being made at the discretion of the University.
International achievement scholarship (current students only)
This scholarship is for undergraduate students and is worth £2,000 toward your next year’s tuition fees. This is for student who display academic excellence, with an average mark of no less than 70%. In order to be eligible you must have no outstanding tuition or accommodation fees. This scholarship will be confirmed after the assessment board.
Edge Hill University awards a range of scholarships to reward excellence. These are not limited to international students but International Students are welcome to apply. You can view more information on available University-wide scholarships and eligibility criteria.
You may be able to source funding from external organisations or local governments. For additional information on external funding and scholarships we recommend you visit the UKCISA webpages.
If you are a current international student studying at Edge Hill University you can pay your tuition and accommodation fees using the online payments page.
If you are a prospective student who has received an unconditional offer and made Edge Hill University your firm choice you can pay your deposit in one of the following ways:
Once you have received an unconditional offer and have made Edge Hill University your firm choice you can pay your deposit by credit or debit card. Please contact [email protected] for further information.
Western Union Business Solutions
Edge Hill University is in partnership with Western Union Business Solutions to enable payments to be made by international bank transfer in a safe and secure manner in your local currency for tuition and accommodation fees.
- Visit our WU GlobalPay for students gateway and complete the simple online form (You will need your Student ID to complete the form).
- Choose the amount of money that you are required to pay for your Tuition/Accommodation Fees and select the currency that you wish to pay in.
- You will receive an instant quote of the price in your own local currency. This quote is valid for 72 hours.
- Once you agree to the offer, you can instruct your own bank to transfer the local currency funds (electronically if you wish) to Western Union.
What are the benefits of using WU GlobalPay for students?
- Pay fees in your local currency
- Avoid fees and international foreign exchange charges from your bank
- Easy to use on smartphones and other mobile devices
- Pay online or by bank transfer
- Rest assured knowing your payments are received in full by the University
- Track your payment status by text and email
- Get price and payment options upfront with a price comparison tool
For more information please visit the Frequently Asked Questions on the Western Union pages.
Once you have received an unconditional offer and have made Edge Hill University your firm choice you can pay your deposit by bank transfer. Please contact [email protected] for further information.
Please note: when sending a payment please quote in the payment details either tuition fees or accommodation fees to ensure that these are paid in correctly.
Tuition fee scams
Universities are becoming increasingly aware of a large number of tuition fee scams which target international students. Scammers are contacting students and offering to pay their tuition fees for them at a discounted rate. Once the student has passed on their tuition fees to them, the scammers are then attempting to make payments to the university using stolen/compromised credit card details. These payments may initially be taken but will at a later date be flagged as fraudulent, leaving the student’s fees unpaid and their money in the hands of the scammer.
At Edge Hill we advise all students to make their tuition fee payments directly to Edge Hill University using our authorised payment methods.
To make sure that you are not a victim of a tuition fee scam please remember:
•You should NEVER allow unauthorised people to login to your Edge Hill account to make payments for you.
•Scammers may offer you low exchange rates, or discounts on your fees, and then ask you to pay your tuition fees directly to them – you must ONLY pay tuition fees straight to Edge Hill University through our authorised payment methods.
•Avoid individuals or companies who advertise fee payment services, should their actions be illegal you may still be liable for payment of your fees.
•Contact your bank immediately if you think you’ve been a victim of fraud.
If you have any questions about this, you can contact:
Email: [email protected]
The Sanctuary Award
Edge Hill University provide a support package for two eligible individuals at any one time to help them achieve their higher education goals for programmes open to international students. This is in the form of a tuition fee waiver plus an additional £800 scholarship for the exclusive use of meeting the costs of books, course related materials and travel to and from the University. This scholarship is open to students who are:
• Seeking asylum in the UK, or a dependant or partner of someone seeking asylum
• Seeking asylum in the UK, or a dependant or partner of someone seeking asylum who has been granted limited leave to remain or some other form of temporary status.
Please note: Spouse/civil partner must have been the spouse/civil partner on the date which the asylum application was made. Children/step-children must have been aged under 18 on the date on which the asylum application was made.
• have been offered a place (conditional or unconditional) on an undergraduate programme at Edge Hill University before applying for the ‘Sanctuary Award’. Applications from those who have been offered a place on a postgraduate programme cannot be considered
• by virtue of their immigration status, be unable to access UK Government Student Finance (tuition fee loans or maintenance loans/grants)
• be able to provide evidence that they sought asylum on arrival in the UK and that their asylum application is under consideration by the Home Office
Priority will be given to applicants who live within easy commuting distance of Edge Hill University.
The ‘Sanctuary Award’ is payable in each standard academic year of the course. This is unless, as a result of an asylum application, you (or your parents or spouse/civil partner) are granted status in the UK, which entitles you to UK Government Student Finance. If this happens, you must inform the University and the award will cease from the start of the next academic year, when you would be expected to apply for student finance instead.
Sanctuary Award application
To apply for the 2022-23 ‘Sanctuary Award’ please read the guidance notes carefully before completing the application form, paying particular attention to the eligibility criteria and guidance on completing the application form. Please complete all sections of the application form and return to [email protected] by the closing date of 30th April 2022.
Self–funding asylum seekers
Any self-funding asylum seekers attending Edge Hill University will be classed as overseas for fees due to temporary residency status.
However, in agreement with Directorate to further the humanitarian effort, for programmes open to international students the tuition fee charged will be the same as the current home fee rate, which for the 2022/23 academic year is £9,250.
US Federal Loans
Student loans are provided by the US Government to eligible students who register on an eligible programme of study. Edge Hill University is an approved Title IV institution for the purpose of administering these loans, our Federal School Code is: 042522.
Which programmes are eligible for financial aid?
The University’s Programme Participation Plan (PPA) allows the University to provide financial aid for the following programmes:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Master’s Degree
- Doctorate Degree
There are a number of programmes that are not eligible and include:
- Certificate and Diploma programmes
- Distance Learning
- Students intending to study Pre-Registration Nursing or Medicine
- Students studying a programme which includes a period of study abroad in the US
- Students studying an Edge Hill University degree away from the main Ormskirk campus, or at another site
This can be checked via the Federal Student Aid website.
US Federal Loans informationConsumer disclosures Return of Title IV Funds (R2T4) Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy Default Prevention and Management Plan
For further information about US Federal Loans at Edge Hill University please email [email protected]
Veteran’s Affairs Funding
If you decide to apply for funds from the Department of Veteran’s Affairs, please contact us in the first instance by email [email protected] . This is so we can check your eligibility and ensure that your course and period of study has been approved by the Department of Veteran’s Affairs at Edge Hill University.
It can take 2-3 months for a course to be approved, so it is important that you contact us as well in advance of your course start date.
Please note that Distance Learning programmes are not eligible for Veteran’s Affairs funding.
More information about eligibility can be found on the Department of Veteran’s Affairs information for students webpage.
EHU Ukrainian student support fund
Edge Hill University has launched a new scholarship award scheme as part of our response to the invasion of Ukraine and the support we are able to provide.
Ukrainian refugee students wishing to begin studying at Edge Hill University in Academic year 2022/2023 will be offered support as part of the University’s commitment to support students who are seeking sanctuary in the UK.
The EHU Ukrainian Student Support Fund will offer full tuition fee waiver and free accommodation for the duration of study for either undergraduate or postgraduate study. It is open to applicants who have entered the UK under the Ukraine Family Scheme or the Ukraine Sponsorship (Homes for Ukraine) Scheme.
The scheme is open for applications until 5th August 2022.
In order to apply for the scheme applicants must:
- have made an application to study at Edge Hill University and hold accepted either a conditional or unconditional place on an undergraduate or postgraduate programme
- have a right to remain in the UK through the Ukraine Family Scheme or the Ukraine Sponsorship (Homes for Ukraine) Scheme
- by virtue of their immigration status, be unable to access UK Government Student Finance (tuition fee loans or maintenance loans/grants)
How to apply
How your application will be assessed and awarded
Your application will be assessed to ensure you meet the criteria detailed above. It will then be reviewed by an advisory panel and a decision will be made based on the application you have made, and any supporting documentation provided.
Guidance, terms and conditions
You will find further guidance and the terms and conditions for this fund here.
Once you arrive here to study, you will need to budget for your general day-to-day living expenses.
It is much cheaper to live in the North West of England than it is in the South East or London, so your money will last longer and go further.
For general living costs for things such as books, food, clothing and transport, it is very difficult to give an exact figure, but we recommend that you budget approximately £7,000-£8,000 per year for all living expenses including accommodation. This is, however, just a guide and individual needs and requirements will be different.
If you are applying for a Student visa you will need to have the UKVI-decided amount of £9,207 (December 2020).
The British Council also have a useful budget planning in the UK section on the Education UK website that you may find of interest.