Careers support for second year
Welcome to your second year. Have you booked an appointment to see us yet? If you don’t know what you want to do, we can help you to find out.
What can I do with my degree?
As part of your degree you will develop many transferable skills which mean that you have more careers choices than you may think.
- Explore a range of career paths within our help by subject pages
- Develop your skills by taking part in the Extra Edge Award. This is an employability programme for Year 2 students who are studying on an undergraduate degree. It’s your chance to get ahead and beat the competition
Find out more and complete our Expression of Interest Form now.
- If you’re interested in working for yourself following your degree, take a look at our useful information on self employment
- Consider a placement in your summer vacation or undertake a sandwich placement between your 2nd and 3rd years of study
- You can choose to undertake further study following your undergraduate degree
If you aren’t sure about your future plans, the Prospects website can be a good starting point to generate ideas.
Review The Times Top 100 Graduate Employers.
Watch this video to find out how best to navigate the Prospects website: