Extra Edge Award
Do you want to enhance your employability skills and improve your chances of future success? If so, the Extra Edge Award is for you.
What is it?
The Extra Edge Award is the Employability Award that helps you to stand out from the crowd and increases your chances of success. Extra Edge is like your portable CV which will help you track the skills you are developing throughout your time at university and will help make the process of applying for opportunities in the future easier.
Extra Edge rewards you with points for the work you do for your current, or future, voluntary, part-time work and engagement with the Student’s Union. You can also gain points from an additional range of activities that will help you gain and develop new skills.
There are four levels of the award: Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum. You will start on Bronze and if you choose to you can progress on to the other levels.
You can join Extra Edge in any year of your degree, and it is never too late…or too early to develop essential employability skills and experience that employers are looking for!
This award is a fantastic opportunity for you to gain some valuable experience and understand how to effectively reflect on the experiences that you have had.
What activities count towards extra edge?
- Participate in activities suitable for you
- Part-time work
- Engaging with the Student’s Union
- Take part in sport
- Being involved with a club or society
- Engaging with the careers team
- Successfully applying for the student opportunity fund
- Work Experience
- Participate in events which promote equality and diversity
- Participate in events which sustainability
- Attend relevant learning activities
- Attend Careers events/ activities
- Support or represent students
- Take part in Re:action 24/7
We will ask you to log your activities and then reflect on the transferable skills you have gained from each activity. Careers staff will provide feedback for you after each reflection and award you points.
Want to get involved?
The Extra Edge Award is now LIVE!
If you would like to complete the award, please follow these simple steps:
- Log in to Learning Edge where you will see the ‘Graduate Employability’ tile in your courses.
- Navigate over to the Extra Edge tab and open up the Extra Edge workbook.
- Have a read over all of the information in the workbook
- When you are ready, click on the ‘overview page’ of the level that you are at. If you haven’t completed the award before you will start at Bronze.
- Send us over a quick ‘Ask a Question’ with the title Extra Edge and the level that you are at, and we will allow you access to the award!
How to guides
If you need any help or support with the award, you can ‘Ask a Question’ or you can book a ‘Getting Started with’ appointment and select ‘Extra Edge’ as the topic.Ask a Question Book an appointment