What can I do with my degree?
Graduates with Social Science degrees progress into careers in a variety of sectors. Employers value the knowledge and skills that are developed on these programmes. Graduates have a strong knowledge and understanding of social, cultural, psychological and political issues and the ability to apply this knowledge to many different settings. Social Science graduates develop a range of different transferable skills including:
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong research & analytical skills
- The ability to collect, analyse, evaluate and report on information from a variety of source
- An ability to understand complex issues and to make well reasoned and informed arguments
- The ability to work independently
- Good problem-solving skills
- Strong organisational skills
An overview of the career destination of social sciences graduates across the UK can be found in Prospects Luminate: What do Social Sciences Graduates Do:
Explore your future
Further ideas and resources
Finding a graduate job
Don’t forget to look at our graduate vacancies to explore where to find roles including those in the North West if you are planning to stay local once you graduate.Edge Hill graduate vacancies Finding graduate vacancies in the North West
Volunteering is a great way to develop your skills. Employers value experience developed in many different settings.
This wakelet provides a collection of useful websites for students and graduates looking for employment in roles related to Social Sciences.