Advanced Practice Project HEA4002
This is the final module for the MSc Leadership Development and the MSc Advanced Fertility Practice programme. It has been specifically designed to enable students to consolidate and develop further skills in planning, implementation and evaluation of a small project as well as project report writing. Furthermore the module will enable students to further develop their leadership and change management skills within their own practice.
|Cost:||£1900 for September 2022 to July 2023|
If your tuition fee is being paid by a sponsor or you are a sponsor paying a student’s fee, you are required to send a copy of a purchase order to HealthC[email protected].
For further guidance please visit: Sponsored students – Edge Hill University
Who is this module for?Postgraduate students completing the MSc Leadership Development, MSc Advanced Practice, MSc Surgical Care Practice or the MSc Advanced Fertility Practice programmes.
What are the key aims of the programme?The Advanced Practice Project will enable you to consolidate and develop further skills and knowledge gained during previous modules undertaken as part of your MSc pathway. Importantly, the module will teach you how to lead, implement and evaluate the impact of a quality improvement project.
How will I study?Mode of delivery: Blended learning based on a hybrid Model.
This module will be delivered through blended learning based on a hybrid model. A hybrid model is ‘an educational approach where some individuals participate in-person and some participate online synchronously (at the same time).’ The tutor(s) deliver sessions and teach remote and in-person learners synchronously using appropriate technology, meaning the students are taught together in ‘real time’. This means some of your teaching sessions will be delivered in-person and some are online synchronous delivery. If you are unable to attend in-person, with your Module Leader’s permission, you can attend the in-person teaching session, online synchronously.
What Will I Study?A series of tutor, supervisor and previous student led key-note lectures/seminars will be employed as a forum in which students and supervisors may critically review key issues in relation to individual student projects. Support is provided in relation to the projects development, implementation and evaluation. Topics to be addressed will include:
- Project report writing,
- Change management and leadership approaches,
- Ethical and governance considerations,
- Writing an abstract and tips for success,
- Formative seminar,
- Presentations of successful projects.
How will I be assessed?A detailed written account of your advanced practice project (12,000 words report).
On successful completion you will:
- Critically analyse health and social care situations with a view to improving the quality of intervention within them
- Collaborate with other healthcare professionals to examine practice-related issues
- Identify, plan and implement a small-scale project that will potentially promote service delivery/treatment/develop practice
- Demonstrate critical consideration of governance issues related to practice development.
Study dates and venues
Venue: Ormskirk Campus, Edge Hill University
Starts: Monday 5 September 2022
- 5 September 2022, 1pm-4pm, face to face (Ormskirk)
- 10 October 2022, 1pm-4pm, online
- 14 November 2022, 1pm-4pm, online
- 5 December 2022, 1pm-4pm, online
- 6 February 2023, 1pm-4pm, face to face (Ormskirk)
- 13 March 2023, 1pm-4pm, face to face (Ormskirk)
- 15 May 2023, final assessment date
Starts: Monday 6 February 2023
- 6 February 2023, 1pm-4pm
- 13 March 2023, 1pm-4pm
- 24 April 2023, 1pm-4pm
- 15 May 2023, 1pm-4pm
- 5 June 2023, 1pm-4pm
- 10 July 2023, 1pm-4pm
- 30 October 2023, 1pm-4pm
- 18 December 2023, final assessment date