Respect for the privacy and security of your data is of great importance to Edge Hill University.
All personal data is held and processed in accordance with the General Data Protection Act (the GDPR).
This notice specifically relates to personal data processed by Careers and departments of the University engaging with Careers. This notice should be read in conjunction with the University’s
In brief this privacy notice explains:
- All personal data shall be processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to the data subject.” (Article 5 (1) (a) of the GDPR.)
- Any information we hold on you is on our Contact Management System called Target Connect.
- The data we hold about you and why we use your data to provide the best service possible.
- Your rights regarding the data we hold about you.
- When your data is shared.
- That we may send you content that is interesting or relevant to you or your organisation, but we will stop contacting you if you ask us to
What data do we collect?
- Your title, name and job role.
- Your contact information including business address, telephone number and email.
- Your business details including organisation name, division, employer type, description, industry, general contact details, website address and number of employees.
- Notes of interactions, conversations or meetings held between yourself and a member of our team.
- Information captured through booking forms.
- Details of opportunities which you wish us to promote to our students/graduates.
- Any other information you have provided us with.
Where do we get the data from?
How we use the data we collect about you
We will use your data to help us provide continued services to you.
We will use your contact information to contact you about any activities and opportunities that you may be interested in, including those which are coordinated by Careers, departments in the University or our partners.
Information may be shared with colleagues within the University and we may also process personal data for the following purposes:
- To verify an account when you register for our online services.
- To verify a job advertisement with us.
- To register you for an event.
- To gauge your opinion.
- To keep a record of communications between you and us.
What happens if you do not provide specific data
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns
Data Protection Office
Edge Hill University
St Helens Road