MSc Business & Management
To help you feel prepared for your postgraduate studies, we’ve gathered together a range of course related activities including suggested reading, useful websites and some great things to do right now.
There is no specific preparatory reading for this degree. You will be given more information about which textbooks to read and introduced to the University Library, as well as the many ebooks and journals we have for you to access, when you begin your studies.
In the meantime, you may want to prepare with the following suggested reading list:
- Rumelt Richard (2011) Good Strategy/Bad Strategy: the Difference and Why it Matters. Random House, New York, USA.
- Wallace, Mike and Wray, Alison (2021) Critical Reading and Writing for Postgraduates (Student Success). Fourth edition. SAGE.
- Biggam, John. (2021) Succeeding With Your Master’s Dissertation A Step-by-Step Handbook. Fifth edition. McGraw-Hill. Open University Press
Depending on your areas of interest, you might want to visit the following websites:
Things to do now
To help you prepare for your studies, you may find it useful to try the following activities:
- Get ahead with reading (see suggested reading list above)
- Immerse yourself in your subject
- Build your CV
- Set goals for your PG study
- Learn time management
And for part-time students:
- Negotiate with employer and family on your availability
- Read mature students’ resources in the reading list
- Block out study and revision time each week
- Be realistic with your time