Use the drop down boxes below for further information regarding Fees and Finance for Postgraduate students starting a programme in 2023/2024.
Tuition fees for home students are charged annually and published alongside programme information.
For all current information regarding fees, funding and fee reductions for postgraduate study please visit our fees and funding webpages. Alternatively, you may contact the Fees Scholarships and Bursaries Team by emailing [email protected].
Postgraduate loans are available for full-time and part-time master’s courses. Whether you qualify depends on:
- Your course
- Your age
- Your nationality or residency status
- Previous study
The full eligibility criteria can be found at www.gov.uk/masters-loan/eligibility
Postgraduate loans are not assessed on personal or family income.
You can apply at www.gov.uk/student-finance-register-login.
For students from Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland please visit www.gov.uk/masters-loan for information about the postgraduate funding available to you.
Postgraduates are encouraged to explore all forms of additional funding to maximise the amount available to support the payment of tuition fees and living costs.
Tuition fees must be either paid in full at the start of each academic year or in three equal instalments.
You will be asked during stage one of enrolment how you intend to pay your tuition fee. If you will be receiving a postgraduate loan from Student Finance England or Student Finance Wales, you will be classed as self-funding as your postgraduate loan will be paid directly to you and not the University. You will be instructed during enrolment how to make payment. This can either be done in full at the start of the academic year or in three equal instalments via a recurring card payment. For further information related to payments contact the Fees, Scholarships and Bursaries Team at [email protected].
It is your responsibility to make payment on time and ensure that sufficient funds are available in your account to cover the first and any subsequent card payments.
If you fail to meet the deadline the University will refer any outstanding debt for external collection and may review your registration.
If you are sponsored by an employer for part of, or the full tuition fee, you must forward the following information to [email protected] during enrolment:
- A letter from your sponsor to confirm that they agree to sponsor you
- The letter must be on official headed paper and state the name and address where the invoice needs to be sent. It should also confirm your name, student number, academic year and the amount of fees they are paying
- A company purchase order number if applicable.
Please note that in accordance with our published Tuition Fee Regulations you will remain personally responsible for payment of tuition fees, even if there is an arrangement for payment to be made on your behalf. If your sponsor fails to pay within 30 days of invoicing we will commence credit control procedures against you, not your employer.
If you’ve graduated from Edge Hill University since September 2020 and are enrolling on an eligible postgraduate programme at the University in academic year 2023/24 you could benefit from a reduction in tuition fees.
The fee reduction offer for studying on an eligible postgraduate taught programme is:
- 50% tuition fee discount for students who completed their final year of undergraduate or PGCE study at Edge Hill University in academic year 2021/22 or 2022/23
- 20% tuition fee discount for students who completed their final year of undergraduate or PGCE study at Edge Hill University in academic year 2020/21.
The fee reduction offer for studying on an MRes or LLM is:
- 50% tuition fee discount for students who completed their final year of undergraduate or PGCE study at Edge Hill University in academic years 2019/20, 2020/21 or 2021/22.
The fee reduction offer for studying on a PhD or Professional Doctorate is:
- 50% tuition fee discount for students who completed the final year of their MRes or postgraduate taught course at Edge Hill University in academic year 2021/22 or 2022/23
- 20% tuition fee discount for students who completed the final year of their MRes or postgraduate taught course at Edge Hill University in academic year 2020/21.
Full eligibility criteria apply to the above offers. You can find full details and criteria on our fees and funding webpages.