Drawing on a broad knowledge base of insights and specialisms, both traditional and contemporary, our health and social care degrees immerse you in a variety of aspects of health, wellbeing and behaviour.
You can train in counselling, specialise in mental health practice or child and adolescent mental health, analyse offending behaviour, gain expertise in nutrition, or prepare for a leadership and management role in health and social care.
On successful completion of your course, you will have the skills and knowledge required for an exciting career planning and delivering effective support to individuals, families and communities. A range of professional development courses for existing health and social care practitioners are also available.
This course has literally been life changing and I have experienced a huge amount of personal growth which has assisted my practice as a counsellor.
BA (Hons) Counselling & Psychotherapy
Throughout the course I have had a lot more support than I thought would be available, especially from my tutors, they really are there for you.
BA (Hons) Health & Social Wellbeing
Health and Social Care in the News
- Student who thought she wasn’t as good as the rest outshines with a First
- Lockdown helps student overcome adversity and complete her degree after four years
- Dieticians help Covid-19 patients on the road to recovery
- Nigerian student hopes to make food more nutritious with research career
- Academics uncover key ingredients of successful therapy for clinical depression
EHU Insight on The Conversation
- BSc (Hons) Child & Adolescent Mental Health & Wellbeing
- BSc (Hons) Contemporary Mental Health Practice (September 2021 entry onwards)
- BA (Hons) Counselling & Psychotherapy
- BSc (Hons) Critical Approaches to Counselling & Psychotherapy
- BSc (Hons) Health & Social Care Leadership & Management
- BA (Hons) Health & Social Wellbeing
- BSc (Hons) Nutrition & Health
- BSc (Hons) Psychosocial Analysis of Offending Behaviour
In addition to the above degrees, we offer a comprehensive continuing professional development portfolio which includes a range of undergraduate courses for those already working in health and social care:
- BSc (Hons) Behavioural Analysis & Intervention
- BSc (Hons) Cardiothoracic Practice
- University Advanced Certificate Clinical & Professional Cardiothoracic Care
- BSc (Hons) Clinical & Professional Child & Young Person’s Palliative & End of Life Care Practice
- BSc (Hons) Clinical & Professional Paramedic Practice
- BSc (Hons) Clinical & Professional Perioperative Practice
- BSc (Hons) Clinical & Professional Practice
We also offer a conversion (top-up) degree focused on integrated children’s services.
The Faculty of Health and Social Care is one of the leading providers of education and training for health and social care professionals in the North West of England.
Offering some of the best facilities for health and social care students in the country, the innovative £14m Faculty of Health and Social Care building provides outstanding teaching and learning resources. These include leading edge clinical skills facilities, ten teaching rooms, an 860-seat lecture theatre and a number of social learning spaces.
Faculty of Health, Social Care and Medicine 360 Virtual Tour
Open Days and Virtual Events
If you are considering studying at Edge Hill University, the best way we usually recommend to gain an insight into the student experience is to see our stunning campus for yourself by attending an open day.
Our October and November 2020 open days are going virtual. We will ensure that you can still discover everything that Edge Hill University has to offer and get answers to all of your questions. You will be able to find out more about health and social care and the University through a series of online activities.