Drawing on a broad knowledge base of insights and specialisms, both traditional and contemporary, our health and social care degrees immerse you in a variety of aspects of health, wellbeing and behaviour.
You can train in counselling, specialise in mental health practice or child and adolescent mental health, analyse offending behaviour, gain expertise in nutrition, or prepare for a leadership and management role in health and social care.
On successful completion of your course, you will have the skills and knowledge required for an exciting career planning and delivering effective support to individuals, families and communities. A range of professional development courses for existing health and social care practitioners are also available.
- BSc (Hons) Child and Adolescent Mental Health and Wellbeing
- BSc (Hons) Contemporary Mental Health Practice (September 2021 entry onwards)
- BA (Hons) Counselling and Psychotherapy
- BSc (Hons) Critical Approaches to Counselling and Psychotherapy
- BSc (Hons) Health and Social Care Leadership and Management
- BA (Hons) Health and Social Wellbeing
- BSc (Hons) Nutrition and Health
- BSc (Hons) Psychosocial Analysis of Offending Behaviour
In addition to the above degrees, we offer a comprehensive continuing professional development portfolio which includes a range of undergraduate courses for those already working in health and social care:
- BSc (Hons) Behaviour Analysis and Intervention
- BSc (Hons) Cardiothoracic Practice
- University Advanced Certificate Clinical and Professional Cardiothoracic Care
- BSc (Hons) Clinical and Professional Child and Young Person’s Palliative and End of Life Care Practice
- BSc (Hons) Clinical and Professional Paramedic Practice
- BSc (Hons) Clinical and Professional Perioperative Practice
- BSc (Hons) Clinical and Professional Practice
We also offer a conversion (top-up) degree focused on integrated children’s services.
The Faculty of Health and Social Care is one of the leading providers of education and training for health and social care professionals in the North West of England.
Offering some of the best facilities for health and social care students in the country, the innovative £14m Faculty of Health and Social Care building provides outstanding teaching and learning resources. These include leading edge clinical skills facilities, ten teaching rooms, an 860-seat lecture theatre and a number of social learning spaces.