Skip Navigation

EU student finance

Are you from Ireland, the EU, an European Economic Area (EEA) country or Switzerland? If yes, you’ll need to check your tuition fee status and eligibility for student finance.

New rules around tuition fee status and eligibility for student finance began in August 2021. If you started your course before this date, the changes do not apply, and you should retain your previous eligibility for the duration of your course.

I’m an Irish student
I’m an EU/EEA or Swiss student from outside the UK

Find out more

This page is an overview of student finance information for EU students, we recommend you seek government guidance to clarify eligibility for your personal circumstances.

Student finance for undergraduates: EU students – GOV.UK (

You could also use the student finance calculator to see what you may be eligible for.

Money Advice Team

If you are an EU/EEA or Swiss national with pre-settled or settled status, you can receive advice and guidance on your eligibility for student finance from our Money Advice Team. We can also assist Irish prospective students looking to access, or find out more about, the financial support available as part of the Common Travel Area arrangement.

International Office

If you have any questions about funding for international students without settled or pre-settled status, visit our international pages or you can contact our International Office for advice.

Please note

The advice and guidance provided by the University is based on what you tell us about your circumstances and upon the current eligibility criteria provided by external organisations, such as Student Finance England. If any changes are made to eligibility criteria by an external organisation, the University cannot be held responsible. We will treat any personal information you share with us in the strictest confidence.